IBM Research is seeking an experienced user interface thought leader to build a global design strategy to differentiate research innovation. The successful candidate must be able to intersect research, design and user experience in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
Candidate job responsibilities include:
- Develop an iconic user interface design strategy for the research community to accelerate and amplify research projects.
- Articulate and apply a variety of design methodologies to develop concepts with a focus on user-centered design.
- Work directly with researchers on a select group of high profile projects to help curate user design for real world application.
- Balance technical functionality with visual elements to create applications that are not only operational but also usable and adaptable to changing user needs.
In addition to technical and design excellence, the candidate is expected to:
- Grow scope and impact as a research design thought leader
- Work as a change agent
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Master's Degree
- At least 5 years experience in design research
- Readiness to travel 10% travel annually
- English: Fluent
- Doctorate Degree
- At least 10 years experience in design research
- 10+ years of work experience in design research
- Relevant academic background in user interaction, design and development
- Ability to work in a changing and uncertain environment and lead change
PhD or MFA preferred
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. Major operations include Global Technology...