Research Technician 1/ Research Associate 1 - Surgery & Efficacy
About MPI Research:
MPI Research, with global headquarters in Mattawan, Michigan, provides discovery, safety evaluation, bioanalytical, and analytical services to the biopharmaceutical, medical device, animal health, and chemical industries. Scientific knowledge and experience, integrity, trust, teamwork, and dedication to strong and enduring Sponsor relationships are the defining attributes that characterize MPI Research as a high-performance, high-quality organization that is committed to bringing safer and more effective products to the world. Learn more about how we can exceed your expectations at www.mpiresearch.com.
This position is responsible to support laboratory staff in the execution of study functions and assigned projects. This position is responsible for general cleaning and maintenance of basic laboratory supplies and equipment, as well as stocking consumables for use in the laboratory. This position may assist in the execution of study functions. This position may be assigned specific functions within the laboratory and
have the primary responsibility for those functions.
(Duties & Responsibilities – purpose of the function and result to be accomplished) include but are not limited to those listed:
· Communicates effectively with supervisors, colleagues, Principal Investigators, and Study Directors.
· Demonstrates commitment to quality.
· Effectively works in a team and demonstrates a commitment to achieving company goals.
· Efficiently prioritizes assigned daily workload and uses time productively.
· Punctual and reliable attendance according to MPI Research company policy.
· Adheres to safety procedures at all times.
· Reads, understands, and follows Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs), safety requirements,
regulatory guidelines, and company policies.
· Washes and maintains glassware and other equipment using both manual and automated methods.
· Sterilizes laboratory equipment using an autoclave or other methods.
· Collects and documents data accurately using an electronic data capture system or appropriate
· Maintains cleanliness and organization of laboratory area, as assigned.
· Maintains inventory of laboratory consumables.
· Assumes responsibility for specific functions which support laboratory operations.
· Possesses a willingness to perform additional work as assigned by management and as part of the
individual’s development plan.
· Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
· Computer skills, commensurate with Essential Functions and including ability to learn a validated
· Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings,
weekends, extended shifts and/or extra shifts, sometimes on short notice.
· Ability to work under specific time constraints.
Benefits at a Glance:
· MPI Research provides the following competitive benefits:
· Three choices of medical coverage, including prescription drug and vision coverage
· Two choices of dental coverage
· Medical and dependent pre-tax flexible spending accounts
· Paid time off bank and holidays
· Retirement savings plan – 401K plan with company matching on employee contributions
· Short/Long term disability plans, voluntary life insurance, and company paid life insurance
· Tuition reimbursement program
· Employee assistance program
· Employees at MPI Research also are given the opportunity to participate in company-sponsored events, wellness programs, self-directed work teams and open communications programs such as the All Employee Survey.
MPI Research helps drug developers answer a crucial question: Is it safe? The contract research organization (CRO) specializes in providing...