Research Technician 1 - Small Animal/Infusion Toxicology
MPI Research, with global headquarters in Mattawan, Michigan, provides discovery, safety evaluation, bioanalytical, and analytical services to the biopharmaceutical, medical device, animal health, and chemical industries. Scientific knowledge and experience, integrity, trust, teamwork, and dedication to strong and enduring Sponsor relationships are the defining attributes that characterize MPI Research as a high-performance, high-quality organization that is committed to bringing safer and more effective products to the world. Learn more about how we can exceed your expectations at www.mpiresearch.com.
This position is responsible for providing humane care to all laboratory animals and to perform assigned technical and administrative functions within the guidelines / requirements outlined in a protocol or Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), thus producing sound, reliable data from which to evaluate the
efficacy or toxicity of a test compound. Additional expectations may be denoted in the core skills list or as outlined below.
(Duties & Responsibilities – purpose of the function and result to be accomplished) include but are not limited to those listed:
· Carefully handles animals to prevent injury to staff or animals.
· Performs basic animal husbandry functions daily (i.e., feeding/watering, monitoring health).
· Collects and documents data accurately on an electronic data capture system or appropriate form(s).
· Effectively and accurately executes study functions per protocol and SOP requirements.
· Accurately reviews all data collected in a timely manner.
· Communicates effectively with supervisors, colleagues, Office of Animal Care, and Study Directors.
· Demonstrates commitment to quality and animal welfare.
· Effectively works in a team and demonstrates a commitment to achieving company goals.
· Efficiently prioritizes assigned daily workload and uses time productively.
· Adheres to safety procedures at all times.
· Punctual and reliable attendance according to MPI Research company policy.
· Bachelor’s degree/HS/GED with 0-2 years of relevant experience.
· Previous experience working with animals preferred.
· Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
· Computer skills, commensurate with Essential Functions and including ability to learn a validated
· Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings,
weekends, extended shifts and/or extra shifts, sometimes on short notice.
· Ability to work under specific time constraints.
Benefits at a Glance:
· MPI Research provides the following competitive benefits:
· Three choices of medical coverage, including prescription drug and vision coverage
· Two choices of dental coverage
· Medical and dependent pre-tax flexible spending accounts
· Paid time off bank and holidays
· Retirement savings plan – 401K plan with company matching on employee contributions
· Short/Long term disability plans, voluntary life insurance, and company paid life insurance
· Tuition reimbursement program
· Employee assistance program
· Employees at MPI Research also are given the opportunity to participate in company-sponsored events, wellness programs, self-directed work teams and open communications programs such as the All Employee Survey.
MPI Research helps drug developers answer a crucial question: Is it safe? The contract research organization (CRO) specializes in providing...