"Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins"
Provides routine, entry level technical assistance in carrying out assigned duties of research projects.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
Primary responsibilities include:
- Conducts various routine tests in a clinical and/or diagnostic laboratory setting involved in research.
- Collects research and clinical data in accordance with requested method.
- Prepares lab solutions for simple and more complex biochemical experiments and clinical tests. Performs tests using autoclave machine, pipet washer, centrifuge, microscope, and ultraviolent light microscope with fluorescent detachments.
- Performs autoclaving and disposal of biohazardous materials.
- Collects and duplicates reference material.
- Washes, dries, and sterilizes laboratory glassware and instruments. Distributes clean glassware to appropriate laboratories.
- Orders laboratory supplies.
- Performs custodial laboratory duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/Equivalent. No experience necessary. Six months of experience in research lab preferred.
Located in the prestigious Texas Medical Center, UTHealth is the most comprehensive academic health science institution in the Southwestern...