The successful candidate will work independently using a variety of molecular biology techniques to understand signal transduction pathways involved in salivary gland restoration. This position will involve a diverse range of activities from animal protocol preparation to research projects utilizing immunoblotting, histochemical staining, saliva composition analysis, RT-PCR, and primary cell cultures.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, vision and life insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for eligible employees and their spouses and dependents; access to campus and recreational activities; state retirement; and more!
Duties and Responsibilities
Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications
- Work independently using histochemical staining and saliva composition analysis to understand the restoration process in salivary glands.
- Maintain detailed records of experimental procedures and analysis of results for presentation purposes.
- Assist PI in preparation of manuscripts and grant applications.
- Assist PI in preparation and approval of animal protocols.
- Perform administrative and maintenance duties involved in general laboratory management such as bookkeeping, ordering supplies, preparation of solutions, and waste disposal.
- Update standard operating procedures.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment; OR, Four years research experience appropriate to the area of assignment; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
Additional Minimum Qualifications
- Experience with primary cell cultures and/or molecular biology techniques.
- Demonstrate ability for technical accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated capabilities for analyzing and evaluating data.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
- Considerable experience with saliva composition analysis, immunohistochemistry and immunofluorescence techniques.
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and follow-through skills.
The University of Arizona conducts pre-employment screening for all positions, which includes a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and work history. In addition, a check of names and identification documents is conducted on all new employees to ensure they are legally authorized to work in the United States.
What kind of criminal background check is required for this position?
This position is non-security sensitive and requires a name-based criminal background check
Supplemental Pre-Employment Screening