The Reservations Manager's primary responsibility will be to leverage room's inventory, maximize average rate, up-sell resort services and amenities and ensure a positive pre-arrival experience for guests through the continuous training and monitoring of the performance of all reservations agents. He or she will be responsible for upholding departmental standards and practices and will implement and manage all processes related to the effective handling of inbound guest calls. Reporting to the V.P. of Marketing and in partnership with the Director of Revenue, he or she will react responsively to trends and changes in market conditions and will alter selling strategies relative to transient business. The will lead the Reservations Department's efforts through hands on coaching and feedback to achieve company conversion, revenue and guest service goals..
Implement and/or maintain procedures for blocking and coding of rooms, advance deposit and now-show billing, and disputes as well as maintain records, monitor results and compile data and reports to ensure the department meets/exceeds budgeted room nights, average rates, and revenue goals while ensuring quality customer service.
• Provides ongoing training for all reservations staff
• Maintains training checklists for each task and insures timely completion by new staff.
• Insures new staff complete certification testing in a timely manner
• Develops and updates all training materials, policies and procedures the department operations, keeping information accurate and complete as demands change.
• Performs all functions of the reservations agents as needed depending on operational demands
• Initiates incentive programs or activities to motivate staff
• Encourages support with other departments such as guests services staff, sales, spa and programs
• Uses and maintains all channels of communications with staff such as log books, memos, white boards, postings of information.
• Trains, coaches, counsels, and disciplines according to hotel procedures and maintains consistency and fairness while providing clear direction and motivation
• Trains staff to have excellent verbal skills and that all staff are consistent in their messages to guests
• Maintains employee grooming standards
• Maintains accurate department attendance records
• Maintains timely and accurate information to HR and accounting for employee records
• Maintains all HR and resort policies and procedures
• Recruits and interviews all Reservations Staff
• Maintains competitive in employee recruitment, motivation and wage information to insure complete employee satisfaction
• Evaluates individual employee performance on an ongoing basis, determines training needs by providing excellent leadership and mentoring skills
• Prepares and performs 90 day and annual performance appraisals for all staff
• Oversees the satisfaction of all guest reservation bookings and insures accurate information is given to guests regarding hotel information and rates
• Reviews and follows up on issues in guest comment cards and shares information with staff for training or recognition purposes.
• Ensures the provision of all appropriate information and collateral materials to guests
• Interacts frequently with guests to ensure satisfaction and understanding of resort policies such as deposits, cancellations, rate quotes, etc.
• Ensures accurate communication of information to guests regarding all hotel facilities and operating hours
. Ensures compliance with the Return Guest and VIP services programs recommending changes and improvements as needed.
• Evaluates changes in guest needs, and profiles, industry and competitive trends and recommends changes in rates, information and communication.
• Maintains accurate room inventories in both NetRez and SMS
. Keeps rates loaded in all systems accurately and timely
. Ensures adherence to all resort cash and credit policies
• Establishes procedures and maintains accuracy of all cashier posting functions, taking action and providing additional training as necessary
• Insures accurate processing and understanding of all special billing functions by staff for the various special rates and programs
• Insures accurate processing and understanding of all gift certificate transactions
• Insures establishment of new rate codes, or special billed accounts, are properly allocated within the guidelines of the package breakdown
• Reviews/Manages department daily payroll reports and records, maintaining labor costs within forecasted budgetary guidelines
• Oversees the development of weekly staff schedules, comparing to budgetary guidelines
• Monitors daily punch reports to minimize overtime and insure compliance by staff to hotel policies
• Ensures the clean and excellent condition of the office work area
• Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment in work area
• Insures proper functioning of all computer functions, working closely with MIS and other departments.
• Implements and maintains consistent inventory of all supplies needed by staff
• Purchases supplies in a timely manner and keeps within budgetary guidelines
• Involved in management of department budget and manages departmental costs maintaining appropriate changes as operational forecasts change.
• Reviews Group Resumes, ensuring accuracy of all reservations prior to arrival date
• Works with conference services and sales managers to insure all group needs and special requests are met.
• Attends appropriate meetings and seminars
• Conducts department meetings
• Ensures all reports coming out of the office are accurate and timely
• Ensures double checks are routinely practiced to identify errors prior to them inpacting the guests such as reviewing the daily arrivals report and checking the newly confirmed reservations
• Ensures written communication-both letters and emails are accurate and professional
• Oversees the blocking of room assignments to ensure special requests are anticipated and met and that the tape chart is managed with a high level of efficiency allowing maximum selling opportunities
• Oversees proper handling of room move reservations
• Oversees arrangements for VIP/Celebrity guests as needed
• Establishes and maintains standards for excellent telephone skills including timeliness of answering, and standards as outlined in the Leading Hotels Shopper Reports
• Communicates pertinent information to all departments about incoming guests
• Sets departmental goals for future growth
• Participation in Manger on Duty program as assigned
• Promotes and participates in property wide programs
• Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in Sales, Marketing or other business related field
- Minimum of 2 years of managerial experience in a hotel reservations call center
- Previous work experience in a luxury resort
- Exceptional technology proficiency with thorough working knowledge of GDS, reservations softward and booking systems (Agilisys/Visual One preferred)
- Previous experience in development and delivery of training information
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with ability to skillfully articulate resort information to guests and new agents
Miraval - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Miraval is among the most talked about resort spas on earth. But don't take our word for it - see what others are saying.