Ecumen Detroit Lakes, the most innovative leader of senior housing and services, is seeking a part-time Resident Assistant, to work Day shift. A nonprofit, Ecumen has been named seven straight years as a "Best Place to Work" by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal. Our mission is to create home for older adults wherever they choose to live. This person's duties will include cleaning duties, assisting residents with personal cares, completing required documentation, administering medication and taking/recording vital signs. This position is part-time, working 36 hours bi-weekly. The position will also include working every other weekend and every other holiday.
Skills & Requirements
• Previous experience working with seniors preferred.
• Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
• Able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, residents and other employees.
• Demonstrate good interpersonal skills, be compassionate and work with tact and ethical awareness.
• Must be punctual and maintain a satisfactory attendance record.
• Must be flexible and adaptable to changing situations, able to work irregular hours, occasional evenings and weekends.
• Must be able to prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently.
• Maintains confidential treatment of information and communications.
• Must work as a team member with other personnel, supervisor and Housing Manager.
• Desire to work with the senior population.
Ecumen - 23 months ago