Qualified applicants will have experience in a Memory Care setting or other senior service related experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist the resident with personal cares which may include all or some of the following: shampooing of hair, assist with showering, rubbing with lotions, transfers, incontinence cares, fingernails cares and foot cares if instructed to do so, medication administration, redirection of a confused resident, and other cares as assigned.
2. Assists with dressing, grooming and oral cares as assigned.
3. Assist in use of hearing aids and glasses for residents.
4. Help each resident to reach and maintain the highest level of performance and independence.
5. Assist with treatments as delegated by the Home Care Manager, RN per individualized care plan.
6. Observe client and report changes in physical and emotional condition such as change in attitude, loss of appetite, weights, etc.
7. Prepares documentation as required.
8. Medication administration/assistance as delegated by the Home Care Manager, RN.
9. Assist staff with meal preparation and service.
10. Take and record temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration as instructed. Report changes or concerns to the Home Care Manager, RN.
11. Willing to help with special events, fill in for others to accommodate emergency situations.
12. Ability to learn and assist in other areas of the facility. Driving to other sites maybe required. Must abide by the Ecumen Driver Requirements.
13. Attend mandatory in-services and staff meetings as assigned.
14. Offers suggestions and ideas for improvement.
15. Follows cleaning schedule per shift worked.
16. Lead resident activities as scheduled and assigned.
17. Promotes independence, not dependence with residents, offering choices and fostering self-help skills.
18. Responds appropriately to safety hazards, fire drills and other emergency situations.
19. Reports injuries to self, residents or visitors immediately to the supervisor.
20. Maintains at all times privacy and confidentiality of resident, residents’ records and residents’ living environment.
21. Understands and adheres to the Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy. Is familiar with the Resident’s Bill of Rights and adheres to it.
22. Appropriately communicates with resident and/or resident’s family.
23. Assists management staff where needed and as requested.
Skills & Requirements
• Previous experience working with seniors preferred.
• Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
• Valid driver’s license not under revocation or suspension.
• Able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, residents and other employees.
• Demonstrate good interpersonal skills, be compassionate and work with tact and ethical awareness.
• Must be punctual and maintain a satisfactory attendance record.
• Must be flexible and adaptable to changing situations, able to work irregular hours, occasional evenings and weekends.
• Must be able to prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently.
• Maintains confidential treatment of information and communications.
• Must work as a team member with other personnel, supervisor and Housing Manager.
• Desire to work with seniors.
What We Do:
Ecumen operates a variety of senior housing options and services from independent living communities to assisted living and...