CNA/ Resident Care Associate:|
RCA’s will follow care plan designed to meet the needs of residents which includes assisting with meals, transferring using appropriate assistive devices, bathing, toileting, dressing and grooming.
- Previous experience working with people with dementia is desired.
- Candidates must be compassionate, motivated and enthusiastic.
- Demonstrates proficiency at reading and understanding a Resident Care Service Plan or assignment (e.g., ADLs and introductory visits)
- Understands advanced directives and end-of-life care
- Understands the nursing function in assisted living
- Understands quality of care objectives
- Understands quality of life objectives
- Reviews and demonstrates understanding of the use of Resident Care Standards and Practices with the Resident Care Director and/or supervisor
- Demonstrates working knowledge of state regulations as they pertain to the job
Currently offering part time and per diem positions .
Please come in and fill out an application at:
430 Centre St.
Newton MA 02458
Group interviews are held on Wednesday at 2 pm. An application needs to be filled out prior to an interview.
Must have current certification as a nursing assistant or have successfully completed the certified home health aide or homemaker/personal care homemaker training program.
High School education preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Demonstrates working knowledge of state regulations as they pertain to the job
Has sound working knowledge of policies in the Resident Handbook.
Possesses current First Aid, and Heimlich certification, if required by state regulations
Displays courteousness and friendliness at all times to residents remembering their rights to dignity and confidentiality
Possess excellent communication skills.
Familiar with infection control
Demonstrates proficiency at reading and understanding a Resident Care Service Plan
Understands advanced directives and end-of-life care
Possesses knowledge about the assisted living philosophy
Understands the nursing function in assisted living
Understands quality of care objectives
Understands quality of life objectives
Demonstrates understanding of the use of Resident Care Standards and Practices with the Resident Care Director
Reviews and understands the orientation checklist
Demonstrates knowledge of the following Benchmark Standards and Practices:
OSHA guidelines, e.g., chemicals, personal care products, and items locked
Use of walkie talkies, beeper, and keys
Nametag and uniform
Proper punching of timecards / etime
Fire safety and elopement
Consistent attendance and participation in staff meetings and mandatory in-services
All equipment in resident’s room
Physically able to move at least 50 lbs. without assistance.
Physical stamina and ability to assist residents or lift residents where needed and in emergencies.
Physically able to bend, reach and work in small areas.
Physically able to push and pull, equipment and furnishings.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Benchmark Senior Living - 12 months ago