The Dakota County CDA is looking for a resident caretaker at Carmen Court, a senior housing development in Inver Grove Heights. The resident caretaker will work 20 hours per week. The hiring range is $12.98 - $13.75.
Responsibilities include cleaning all common areas of a CDA owned senior citizen building. Provide maintenance and administration duties at the senior citizen building as assigned by the Property Manager.
Important note: This position requires participation in the Rent Credit Program. This means that a portion of the Caretaker's pay will be applied in the form of a credit toward rent; any remaining portion will be issued as regular pay.
Examples of Duties:
Perform cleaning of CDA owned senior citizen building.
• Maintain, wash, wax, sweep, vacuum, and polish as necessary all equipment, appliances, floor, ceiling, and window areas in all public and common areas and mechanical equipment rooms.
• Maintain, sweep, wash, and polish, all exterior areas as necessary, including some outside windows, entry, sidewalks, lawn, and patio.
Perform assigned administrative functions for CDA owned senior citizen building.
• Report resident problems or issues to the Property Manager.
• Maintain good resident relations; act as a positive CDA representative to resident and external clientele.
• Notify Property Manager of important issues, emergencies, or life-threatening situations.
• Wear and respond to pager during work shift/while working in the building.
• Respond to residents emergency alarm call system on a 24 hour basis when "on duty" or "on call" and take appropriate action to resolve any emergency situation (e.g. call 911 and assist authorities).
• Contact Property Manager for residents needing referrals to available social services.
• Refer residents to the Operations Specialist to report work order requests.
• Maintain ledger for contractor.
• Coordinate Community Room use reservations for CDA activites/meetings.
• Attend required OSHA or other trainings as assigned.
Perform required light maintenance at CDA owned senior citizen building.
• Ensure safe and sanitary condition of exterior site, including removing ice/snow from sidewalks (i.e. salting, shoveling, snow-blowing) for accumulations of 1 inch or less; perform necessary lawn care.
• Maintain grounds; ensure that the site grounds are free of trash and debris.
• Perform weekly battery check of automatic external defibrillators (AED's); sign log and/or notify Property Management staff of issues.
• Replace light bulbs in common areas.
• Gather trash from common areas and store for removal as assigned/instructed.
• Notify Supervisor of unusual maintenance needs.
• Notify maintenance for supplies and/or equipment needs.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum required: Must live on-site. Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the position, as indicated under Tasks #1 and 3.
Preferred qualifications: Cleaning, housekeeping or light custodial experience; knowledge of commercial cleaning practices.
Working knowledge of maintenance methods, tools, and materials.
Skill and ability in performing required maintenance duties.
Ability to operate appliances and light equipment (i.e., vacuums, snow blowers, lawnmowers, etc.)
Ability to evaluate maintenance problems and take appropriate action.
Ability to perform moderate lifting and other physical activity as associated with light maintenance duties.
Ability to organize workload, set priorities, and work independently.
Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
Working knowledge of available social and human services agencies.
Dakota County CDA - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard