The Dakota County CDA is currently seeking a Resident Caretaker at the Portland Family Housing site in Burnsville, MN. The position is for 5 hours per week, with a hiring range of $11.86/hr - $13.35/hr. Responsibilities include maintaining common areas and monitoring townhome site. Caretaker will be responsible for monitoring tenant activities and enforcing Dakota County Community Development Agency policies.
Examples of Duties:
Maintain common areas.
• Maintain grounds; ensure that the site grounds are free of trash and debris.
• Clean and maintain interior of site office and adjoining common areas (e.g. sanitize restroom(s), clean glass and surfaces, dust, sweep, mop and vacuum as necessary).
• Maintain site landscaping; trim and weed as necessary.
• Remove snow and ice from sidewalk and entry area of site office; salt and sand driveways as necessary.
• Monitor performance of contracted lawn service; report any deficiencies to the Property Manager.
• Ensure that all tenant vehicles and property is/are stored properly.
• Report all non-routine maintenance needs to the Property Manager.
• Notify the Property Manager of any conditions threatening the health and safety of the tenant population. Correct the condition where feasible.
Perform assigned administrative and tenant relations functions.
• Monitor tenant activities to ensure compliance with all CDA policies. Report violations of CDA policies to the Property Manager.
• Maintain good tenant relations; act as a positive CDA representative to tenants and external clientele.
• Submit verbal report (or written as requested) to Property Manager on a weekly basis on condition of the site and/or issues that need attention.
• Show vacant units as needed.
• Intervene, when necessary and appropriate, to interrupt or prevent behaviors which will damage the property or harm other tenants (e.g., vandalism, children playing with matches, etc.)
• Contact Property Management on 24-hour basis to report any tenant activities deemed to cause an emergency or life-threatening situation.
Minimum required: Must live on-site.
Ability to perform physical tasks necessary for maintenance of grounds.
Ability to evaluate maintenance problems and take appropriate action.
Ability to handle tenant issues and keep Property Manager informed; good verbal communication skills.
Knowledge of CDA policies and procedures.
Applicants for this position may qualify for Section 3 preference. Please complete the related supplemental question on-line or as a part of the attachment to a paper application.