This is to collect general interest applications for future Senior Caretaking positions, when there are no current vacancies in the buildings you're interested in. Please make sure to indicate on your application, the cities in which you would prefer to live/work. If you are interested in a specific building with a current vacancy, please apply directly to the posted position.
Responsibilities include cleaning all common areas of a CDA owned senior citizen building. Provide maintenance and administration duties at the senior citizen building as assigned by the Property Manager.
Examples of Duties:
Perform cleaning of CDA owned senior citizen building.
• Maintain, wash, wax, sweep, vacuum, and polish as necessary all equipment, appliances, floor, ceiling, and window areas in all public and common areas and mechanical equipment rooms.
• Maintain, sweep, wash, and polish, all exterior areas as necessary, including some outside windows, entry, sidewalks, lawn, and patio.
Perform assigned administrative functions for CDA owned senior citizen building.
• Report tenant problems or issues to the Property Manager.
• Maintain good tenant relations; act as a positive CDA representative to tenants and external clientele.
• Notify Property Manager of important issues, emergencies, or life-threatening situations.
• Respond to tenants emergency alarm call system on a 24 hour basis when "on duty" or "on call" and take appropriate action to resolve any emergency situation (e.g. call 911 and assist authorities).
• Contact Property Manager for tenants needing referrals to available social services.
• Refer tenants to the Operations Specialist to report work order requests.
• Maintain ledger for contractor.
• Coordinate Community Room use reservations.
• Attend required OSHA or other trainings as assigned.
Perform required light maintenance at CDA owned senior citizen building.
• Ensure safe and sanitary condition of exterior site, including removing ice/snow from sidewalks (i.e. salting, shoveling, snow-blowing) for accumulations of 1 inch or less; perform necessary lawn care.
• Maintain grounds; ensure that the site grounds are free of trash and debris.
• Replace light bulbs in common areas.
• Gather trash from common areas and store for removal as assigned/instructed.
• Notify Supervisor of unusual maintenance needs.
• Notify maintenance for supplies and/or equipment needs.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum required: Must live on-site.
Preferred qualifications: Cleaning, housekeeping or light custodial experience; knowledge of commercial cleaning practices.
Working knowledge of maintenance methods, tools, and materials.
Skill and ability in performing required maintenance duties.
Ability to operate appliances and light equipment (i.e., vacuums, snow blowers, lawnmowers, etc.)
Ability to perform moderate lifting as associated with light maintenance duties.
Ability to evaluate maintenance problems and take appropriate action.