The Home provides programs and services for these children and young adults in crisis:
Part-time; 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm every other Saturday and Sunday, 7.5 hours per week. This position is in ALPS House working with sexually reactive teenage girls. This position includes a 10% shift differential and a $0.75 weekend differential.
- Medically fragile and terminally ill children who require 24-hour-a-day skilled nursing care.
- Those who require emergency care due to abuse, abandonment, neglect or are homeless; or who need foster care.
- To homeless, pregnant, or parenting teens, and their family members needing case management, education, parenting, and independent living skills.
- Children with autism & special needs.
- Young adults who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, are in crisis due to mental health or abuse, and to families who are struggling to maintain their children in their homes to provide stability and skills for self-sufficiency.
A Bachelors degree in a related human services field and one year of experience working with children in an agency setting preferred.
Must possess a High School diploma and minimum of 6 months child care experience.
Must possess the ability to communicate clearly and effectively, orally and in writing.
Must possess the wherewithal to professionally interact with clients who may not be open and receptive to instruction.
Must possess the ability to assimilate information from a variety of sources, analyze information and make recommendations to the Unit Supervisor.
Must possess the ability to establish, implement and maintain effective working and public relationships.
Must possess the ability to plan, organize and effectively present ideals and concepts.
The general purpose of your job is to keep children who are clients of HOTI safe at all times and to be respectful of the children and their families as valued customers. The primary purpose of your job position is to provide direct care intervention, support and attention to ensure the physical and emotional needs of all children in the assigned service areas are appropriately addressed.
The Home offers a family friendly atmosphere with competitive wages and outstanding benefits.
- High school diploma or equivalent
City of Louisville, KY - 2 years ago