University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
The Resident Director is a full-time professional staff member with live-in responsibilities that include the comprehensive management of the residential program for a hall/apartment complex of 375-400 students. Duties include: supervision of 8/14 RA’s, providing programming support and training, crisis management, personal conflict intervention, judicial administration, being in an on-call duty rotation, coordinating maintenance and facility issues, act as on-site liaison with campus police, providing advisor duties to one or more clubs or organizations and accepting other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Preferred qualifications :
- A Bachelor’s Degree; previous Residence Life post-baccalaureate experience.
- An ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all members of the University Community, including students.
- An understanding of developmental issues relevant to college students .
The deadline for INTERNALS to apply is October 9, 2012.
- Master’s Degree
- Previous experience as a residence hall director
- Experience in developing residential learning communities in a college environment
DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED UNTIL JANUARY 31, 2012.
The review of applications will begin October 10, 2012 and will continue until position is filled.
UMass Dartmouth is an AA/EEO Employer.
The University of Massachusetts reserves the right to conduct background checks on all potential employees.
View the complete job description here .
To apply for this position please send a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references to:
Search for Resident Director
Office of Human Resources
285 Old Westport Road
North Dartmouth, MA 02747