PURPOSE : Provides monitoring, structure, and support in a residential setting with women in recovery and their children. Position supervises residents and chores, and reports any problems that occur to clinical staff.
POSITION SPECIFIC : This position will work at our P roject Network location. Project Network is a residential program with a focus on the African American community for women in recovery dealing with alcohol/drug issues who are with their small children.
DAYS/HOURS: This position will work Saturdays and Sundays from 3:00pm to 11:30pm.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Provide a safe and secure environment for clients and their children.
- Provide skills training in activities of daily living, including meal preparation, housekeeping chores, interpersonal relationships, effective communication, etc.
- Establishes and informs rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among clients, employing techniques such as education, behavior modification and positive reinforcement. Monitors clients in order to detect unusual behavior and reports observations to the clinical team.
- Respond to medical issues and concerns promptly.
- Provide basic crisis response to clients experiencing physical or emotional crises.
- Document and maintain client records to ensure compliance with LifeWorks NW and contractual guidelines. Maintain confidentiality of records relating to clients' treatment.
- Transport clients in LifeWorks NW vehicle.
- Continually increase level of cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency.
- Meets standards for documentation and accuracy of work.
- Meets standards for client care, quality/customer service, attendance/punctuality and teamwork.
- Maintains a consistent, therapeutic milieu for clients.
- Organize, supervise and encourage client participation in recovery-oriented social, educational and recreational activities.
- Participate in regular individual and team meetings.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- The ability to make decisions quickly and remain calm and be flexible.
- If recovering from a substance abuse related disorder, must be able to demonstrate continuous sobriety under nonresidential, independent living conditions for the immediate past two years.
- Ability to establish and maintain confidentiality and professional boundaries with the clients and their children.
- Basic computer skills including keyboarding, use of mouse, ability to navigate website and use common web browser.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and maintains a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and ability to meet LifeWorks NW driving requirements.