Orchard: This nine-month residential treatment program was established in 1991 for homeless parents recovering from addictions to drugs or alcohol and their dependent children. The program provides family focused treatment and skill-building services. The program supports and strengthens the family unit and allows parents to function as effective, self-reliant caretakers for their children while enjoying productive and drug-free lives.
- Develop and implement parenting and children's services for residents on a consistent basis
- Facilitate implementation of treatment plan and facilitation of groups
- Medication administration
- Provide transportation for clients
- Completing daily paperwork including group logs, daily logs, case notes, and treatment reviews
- Implementing the daily schedule
- HSD/GED required, Bachelor's degree in related mental health field preferred
- 2 years experience working with children and families
- Knowledge of child development issues including the impact of substance use disorders on children and family reunification
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff and clients
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct children's activities and programming which adequately addresses the need of individual children within the program
- Knowledge of parenting issues and ability to provide education and support to families within the program
Community Healthlink - 19 months ago
Community Healthlink is a leading community-based provider of comprehensive mental health, substance abuse, rehabilitation, homeless and...