Job Summary: |
- Junior Counselors work in our multi-site, residential program that serves behaviorally involved, abused and/or neglected youths from 6 to 18 years of age.
- Assume shift responsibility as well as provide a therapeutic environment that promotes the physical and mental health of each resident.
- Assist residents in developing life skills and work as a part of a therapeutic team, establishing communication and support among co-workers.
- Provide the support services - the “direct care ” needed for the residents, e.g. behavior management techniques, meal preparation, household chores, after-school activities, etc
- Responsible for the supervision of clients and the coordination and execution of clients ’ treatment plans as directed.
- Bachelors degree in any discipline, or
- Associates degree in any discipline + 3 months of human service experience, particularly with children and/or adolescents, or
- High School diploma + 6 months of human service experience, particularly with children and/or adolescents
- Must be at least 21 years old
* Must hold a valid driver ’s license for at least 3 years.
* Does not have more than two (2) moving violations in the last three (3) years
* Does not have more than one (1) at fault accident in the last three (3) years
* Does not have any Serious Violation in the last three years
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Due to the dynamic nature of Residential services, Residential employees must be willing and able to adapt to changes in location, shift and task assignments if program needs require such changes. Although a concerted effort is made to avoid assignment changes, these are necessary from time to time.
The competitive benefits program offered by Child
" Family includes, but is not limited to: Medical and dental insurance 401(k) employer-matched retirement plan Life and long-term disability insurance Discounted child care available at main building Employee Recruitment Program (ERP) Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Worksite wellness programs Generous paid leave Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) PLEASE NOTE: Relief position is not benefits eligible. This position supports the Residential program on an as-needed basis without any guarantee of hours or days.
Child & Family Services of Newport County - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -