Education/Training: A high school diploma or equivalent; obtain and maintain appropriate Bank Product Knowledge Certification.
Skill(s): Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations, communicative, and sales skills; moderate PC skills; ability to learn and effectively utilize software tools; technical supervisory skills to provide guidance and training to Residential Loan Specialist; visual and auditory skills; valid driver’s license.
Experience: A minimum of two (2) years' experience in related positions normally required.
Responsible for performing various duties relating to the origination and processing of mortgage loans; achieving assigned quantitative sales goals as established in the Department's annual operating plan; coordinating work within the department as well as with other departments; reporting pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responding to inquiries or requests for information; providing assistance to and establishing a teamwork relationship with the Loan operations and Processing department.
1. Performs various duties relating to the origination and processing of mortgage loans of which the following are illustrative:
a. Sells mortgage loan products to customers by obtaining referrals from various sources.
b. Conducts borrower interview to analyze needs; provides appropriate loan programs; takes loan Applications and Prequalifications.
c. Sets secondary market pricing and sells mortgages to the secondary market as per guidelines.
d. Works with secondary market vendors and FNMA.
e. Implements new programs and sales opportunities.
f. Works with Team Sales to build out relationships.
g. Prepares and sends required disclosures and follows up to make sure they are returned by the customer in a timely manner.
h. Communicates with customer, realtor, attorney, and appraiser during processing of loans.
i. Maintains an awareness of new business opportunities; cross-sells and/or refers mortgage customers to other bank departments.
j. Performs other related duties as assigned.
2. Achieves quantitative sales goals assigned to the Residential Loan Originator as established in the Department's annual operating plan.
3. Coordinates specific work tasks with other personnel within the department as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
4. Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
5. Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Bank's compliance with all regulatory requirements, e.g. Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act, etc.
6. Reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor as requested, or according to an established schedule; compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate bank personnel.
7. Responds to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from customers, other bank personnel, etc., within given time frames and within established policy.
8. Provides assistance to and maintains a close working relationship with Loan Operations and Processing area.
1. Performs tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or re-designed depending upon individual circumstances.
Various locations as assigned
2. PC/Computer keyboard
5. Copy machine
7. Fax machine
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
First United Bank and Trust - 19 months ago