Join Waste Connections, Inc., and Connect with Your Future!
Waste Connections is currently looking for a Residential Rear-Load Driver in Bowling Green, KY at Scott Waste Services. When you join Waste Connections, you are starting a career with company that manages from the bottom up and offers a powerful, hardworking company culture. Our employees are engaged and empowered and have a deep sense of community that shows in everything we do. One of the top 200 small and mid-cap companies in America by Forbes Magazine three years in a row, Waste Connections, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is continuing to grow throughout the United States. Our range of services includes solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling to more than 2 million commercial, industrial, and residential customers in 31 states.
A Day In The Life Of A Waste Connections Residential Driver:
What You Have To Have:
- You will start your shift performing a complete pre-trip inspection that includes items such as checking tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, as well as gauges and controls.
- Once your checks are complete, you will use your assigned route sheets to determine your day's schedule and services for each customer. You will be driving a heavy diesel truck to and from customer locations and disposal areas moving waste bins.
- This position also involves operating hydraulic hand controls to lift and load the refuse as well as operate the compactor and dispose of collected materials.
- At the end of your shift, you will complete required route and productivity sheets, Vehicle Condition Reports (VCRs), and other required forms.
- Another key function of this position is courteous interaction with your customers, co-workers, and managers.
What Would Be Great To Have:
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Class B CDL with air brakes endorsement
- Ability to learn and use interpersonal skills relating to quality customer service
- As verified by a current MVR/driver abstract, all qualifications as defined under DOT regulation 49 CFR 383.51 must be met
- 2+ years commercial driving experience
- Working knowledge of truck components to complete pre-trip and post-trip inspections
- Able to lift 50 pounds
What’s In It For You:
- Waste industry experience
You will be joining a great team and a company in a “work hard, play hard” environment along with a competitive salary. We also offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future". Other peripheral benefits include a strong presence in our local communities, sustainability initiatives, and more. For more information and to apply, please visit www.wasteconnections.com.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
Waste Connections - 18 months ago
How The Waste Was Won (with apologies to John Ford) would tell how Waste Connections has come to provide solid waste collection, transfer,...