Join Waste Connections, Inc., and Connect with Your Future!
Voted one of the top 200 small and mid-cap companies in America by Forbes Magazine three years in a row. Waste Connections, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is growing throughout the United States. Our range of services include solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling to approximately 2 million commercial, industrial and residential customers in 31 states.
We are GROWING and have an immediate positions available for a Residential Rear-Load Driver to support local routes at our site in Knoxville, TN . Drivers interested in secure, steady employment in a family atmosphere are encouraged to apply.
Looking for Great Benefits? Steady "Local" work? Great family environment?...APPLY ONLINE TODAY!
- Performs complete pre-trip inspection including, but not limited to, checking tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges and controls.
- Drives heavy diesel truck to and from customer locations and disposal area(s).
- Moves waste bin to position accessible by truck and closes all enclosure gates, as necessary.
- Operates hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse, operate compactor and dispose of collected material at the designated facility.
- Courteous interaction with customers, dispatchers and supervisors.
- Reads route sheets to determine day’s schedule and services each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by dispatcher or supervisor.
- Completes required route/productivity sheets, Vehicle Condition Reports (VCRs) and other forms.
- Performs all driver check-in procedures upon returning to the facility at the end of the day.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
We offer excellent benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible spending account, Long term disability, Life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future" .
- Valid Class B CDL with air brakes endorsement
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification
- Two years commercial truck driving experience.
- Have knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre-and post-trip inspections
- Be able to learn and use interpersonal skills relating to good customer service
- Be able to lift 50 pounds.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
Please apply online, walk in applicants will not be accepted.
Waste Connections - 18 months ago
How The Waste Was Won (with apologies to John Ford) would tell how Waste Connections has come to provide solid waste collection, transfer,...