Join Waste Connections, Inc., and Connect with Your Future!
Voted one of the top 200 small and mid-cap companies in America by Forbes Magazine three years in a row. Waste Connections, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is growing throughout the United States. Our range of services include solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling to approximately 2 million commercial, industrial and residential customers in 31 states.
We are GROWING and have an immediate positions available for a Residential Rear-Load Driver to support local routes at our site in Knoxville, TN . Drivers interested in secure, steady employment in a family atmosphere are encouraged to apply.
Looking for Great Benefits? Steady "Local" work? Great family environment?...APPLY ONLINE TODAY!
- Performs complete pre-trip inspection including, but not limited to, checking tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges and controls.
- Drives heavy diesel truck to and from customer locations and disposal area(s).
- Moves waste bin to position accessible by truck and closes all enclosure gates, as necessary.
- Operates hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse, operate compactor and dispose of collected material at the designated facility.
- Courteous interaction with customers, dispatchers and supervisors.
- Reads route sheets to determine day’s schedule and services each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by dispatcher or supervisor.
- Completes required route/productivity sheets, Vehicle Condition Reports (VCRs) and other forms.
- Performs all driver check-in procedures upon returning to the facility at the end of the day.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
We offer excellent benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible spending account, Long term disability, Life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future" .
- Valid Class B CDL with air brakes endorsement
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification
- Two years commercial truck driving experience.
- Have knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre-and post-trip inspections
- Be able to learn and use interpersonal skills relating to good customer service
- Be able to lift 50 pounds.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
Please apply online, walk in applicants will not be accepted.
How The Waste Was Won (with apologies to John Ford) would tell how Waste Connections has come to provide solid waste collection, transfer,...