Join Waste Connections, Inc., and Connect with Your Future!
Voted one of the top 200 small and mid-cap companies in America by Forbes Magazine three years in a row. Waste Connections, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is growing throughout the United States. Our range of services include solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling to approximately 2 million commercial, industrial and residential customers in 31 states. Waste Connections Inc. is looking for a Residential Rear-Load Driver for Clarksville, TN . Candidates must live in Clarksville.
Looking for a Solid Company, Steady Local Work and Great Benefits? Have a CDL?
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
A Day in the Life of a Waste Connections Residential Driver:
- You will start your shift performing a complete pre-trip inspection that includes items such as checking tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, as well as gauges and controls.
- Once your checks are complete, you will use your assigned route sheets to determine your day's schedule and services for each customer. You will be driving a heavy diesel truck to and from customer locations and disposal areas moving waste bins.
- This position also involves operating hydraulic hand controls to lift and load the refuse as well as operate the compactor and dispose of collected materials.
- At the end of your shift, you will complete required route and productivity sheets, Vehicle Condition Reports (VCR's), and other required forms.
- Another key function of this position is courteous interaction with your customers, co-workers, and managers.
What you Have to Have:
- Be able to follow safe operating practices.
- Be able to learn and use interpersonal skills relating to good customer service.
- Be able and willing to work in a team environment
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
- High School diploma or GED
- Have a valid Class B CDL with Air Brake endorsement at a minimum.
- Have knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre and post trip inspections
- Possess a Clean Safety and Driving record
- Be able to lift 50 lbs
- Be able to pass drug and alcohol screening
- Residential Rear-Load experience preferred
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V.)
Waste Connections - 19 months ago
How The Waste Was Won (with apologies to John Ford) would tell how Waste Connections has come to provide solid waste collection, transfer,...