Sears, Roebuck and Co., a member of the Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD) family of companies, is a leading broadline retailer providing merchandise and related services. Sears, Roebuck offers its wide range of home merchandise, apparel and automotive products and services through more than 2,700 Sears-branded and affiliated stores in the United States and Canada, which includes over 890 full-line and more than 1,350 specialty stores in the U.S. Sears, Roebuck also offers a variety of merchandise and services through sears.com, landsend.com, and specialty catalogs. Sears, Roebuck offers consumers leading proprietary brands including Kenmore, Craftsman, DieHard and Lands' End -- among the most trusted and preferred brands in the U.S. Sears, Roebuck is the 2011 ENERGY STAR® Retail Partner of the Year. The company is the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 11 million service calls made annually.This position is responsible for the repair of products in the customer’s home. Products repaired include the following home appliances: Refrigerators (sealed systems), Freezers and Window Air Conditioners. CFC certification is required for this opening.
This position provides timely and quality repairs of customers’ products while maintaining high customer service. Additionally, technicians promote and sell additional products and services that directly impact the profitability of the company. We provide a service van, specialized tools, uniforms, laptop computer, cell telephone, and periodic training.
To provide the proper customer focus, the In-Home Service Technician must:
- Work as a dedicated team member to ensure fast, flexible and expert service to every customer
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency to meet customer time commitments
- Successfully complete all Technician III training elements within required timeframes
- Meet key performance metrics and/or productivity goals as defined by the business
- Provide knowledgeable and courteous repair service
- Continuously look for methods to improve business performance and enhance the customer experience
- Follow the Value Added Services Process (i.e., selling extended warranties, water filters, etc.) by effectively communicating the benefits to the customer
- Provide direction to a Technical Helper, as applicable
- Ability to receive truck stock at home if the company vehicle is retained at the technician’s place of residence or other designated location.
- Mentor other technicians, as applicable
- Maintain truck stock inventory within the prescribed company guidelines and standards
- Follow the truck maintenance schedule and keep a clean, organized truck
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned
A comprehensive and competitive benefit program is designed to meet the needs of our associates and their families. Benefits eligibility depends on employment classification, location, and other variables. Benefits offered include:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Certification and /or licenses as required Applicants holding a master-level trade / occupational license(s), i.e. HVAC/Mechanical, Electrical, General Contractor, Plumbing, which may be used to qualify Sears, may be given hiring preference and additional compensation based on business needs. Please indicate the type of license held, state in which it is valid, and the expiration date on your resume and/or application.
- Must be able to pass the pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check and driver’s license check
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license and be willing to submit to random drug testing, per company policy.
- Experience and aptitude with computers and databases
An Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
- Medical and Dental Plans
- Health Care and Dependent Daycare Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Company Paid and Optional Life Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Merchandise Discount
- Adoption Assistance
- Kmart Advantage Rx
- ConSern Loans for Education
- Worklife Solutions
- Voluntary Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Sears Holdings Corporation Associate Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Vacation Time with Personal Days
- National Holidays
HS Recruiting - In-Home - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard