Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000 employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
Direct Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA/F/M/D/V.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Door-to-door marketing to acquire residential customers through cold calling and referrals
- In-home presentations
- Schedule follow up calls and customer appointments
- Meet and exceed daily, weekly and monthly sales goals established by management
- Daily and weekly reporting
- Educate customers on the benefits of switching to Direct Energy
- Perform sales campaigns on time and with desired results
- Provide prospective customers with appropriate documentation (contracts, brochures, etc.)
- Check and ensure minimum usage requirements
- Collect and verify customer contact and point of service information
- Complete Third Party Verification procedure
- Review sales contracts to ensure all requirements for enrollment are met
- Maintain knowledge on all applicable pricing and value added products and services
- 25% travel outside of assigned territory
- Able to be deployed to other sales teams
- Able to work events and trade shows planned by Sales Supervisor
This position requires driving your personal vehicle and walking on foot for up to 75% of the time, as well as working outdoors in the heat, cold and all types of weather elements.
Some sales experience in energy, telecommunications or retail is a plus
Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
Must be able to travel by car and on foot up to 75% of time
Flexibility to work traditional and non-traditional hours (evenings and weekends
Must be able to work outdoors in heat, cold and elements
Direct Energy - 19 months ago
Centrica is centered on integrated energy operations in the UK and North America through four major brands -- British Gas, Centrica Energy,...