Are you a highly motivated manager ready to direct staff in an innovative environment? Catawba County Social Services is recruiting a Residential Services Manager to oversee operations of residential services in a local community effort to serve abused, neglected or court involved youth.
This position has been restructured and is being reposted. If you have applied for the previous position open in July, 2013, you do not need to apply again for this opening.
· Manage the overall operations of 4 group homes (2 DSS Licensed and 2 Level II Mental Health Licensed), directly supervising 2 cottage managers
· Oversight to assure compliance with Medicaid requirements, licensure and national accreditation standards for these facilities
· Responsible for health and safety plans and procedures
· Assume leadership in working with Juvenile Court and Mental Health as well as internal customers such as social workers and supervisors
· Work with cottage supervisors to assure a continuum of residential services and agency outcomes
· Provide case management services for youth in residential services
· Develop and update person centered plans
· Obtain and maintain ongoing service authorizations
· Participation in management meetings
· Manage contracts within residential services
- Masters degree in social work, psychology or counseling and two years of social work experience; or
- Four-year degree in social work or psychology and three years of social work experience; or
- Four-year degree in a human services field and four years of social work experience; or
- an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Driver’s license
- An excellent communicator with the ability to work with people on various levels
- Ability to manage multiple programs and projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of behavior modification and clinical programming
- This position is considered light work; lifting up to 20 pounds.
- Teaching Family Model certification
- Managerial experience
- Experience in a residential setting or group care with adolescents and supervision within the human services field
Catawba County - 12 months ago