KP HealthConnect is a $3 billion integrated clinical and administrative information system that is being deployed across all KP regions. KP HealthConnect will enable us to leverage the power of our integrated delivery system to be the solution in heath care that is patient-centered, safe equitable, accessible, and affordable. In order to achieve this vision, every region must fully optimize the use of this system.
The mission of the KP HealthConnect Operations Department is to optimize the use of the system across the Region in order to achieve high priority goals in clinical care and business outcomes. The department does this through diligent and conscientious attention to user needs, through partnerships with National and Epic Systems in the continued development and enhancement of the system, through partnerships in the Region with NWP, IT, and the Labor Management Partnership, and by applying medical systems to meet problem-oriented and opportunity-driven objectives.
• Configure and build complex features and new modules for integration with installed Epic applications. Plan and Lead in relevant workflow sessions and manage resulting workflow changes.
• Direct configuration activities in Epic system to resolve problems escalated to the KP HealthConnect Operations department.
• Set up and test configuration to resolve complex patient safety problems modifications and enhancement. Build, maintain and update application master files and category lists to ensure data integrity and maintain synchronization with Enterprise CB (Collaborative Build) updates.
• Responsible for solving critical and high incident support/ patient safety issues under stressful outage situations.
• Application and Interface Enhancements/Development: Assess customer needs, research options, support analysis, design, and test and implement application solutions.
• BA or equivalent work experience required in health care administration, information systems, business, a health care profession, library science, or information resource management
• Epic Certification required
• Certified/Proficient in 2 Epic modules or application sup-components
• Experience on at least 1 major system implementation
• Demonstrated skills in complex project management
• Demonstrated ability to lead and manage large multidisciplinary teams through influence and collaboration
• Demonstrated working knowledge of computer applications in business settings
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Must exhibit efficiency, collaboration, and candor, openness, and results orientation
• Demonstrated working knowledge of medical terminology
• Ability to Scope and estimate small enhancements
• Minimum of 5 years' experience at Kaiser Permanente
• 3 years experience using at least one of the Epic suite of application products or completion of Epic certification in an application(s)
• Advanced degree in medical informatics, computer science or a related health care field
• Direct experience implementing business information systems in the Northwest region
• Knowledge of functional areas and/ or systems analysis
• Knowledge of research and analyses /design
• Demonstrated experience leading a large multidisciplinary project to successful completion
• Demonstrated skills in conflict resolution
• Public speaking skills
• Demonstrated experience with office software, e.g., Power Point, Excel, Word and/or MS Project, Visio
• May require travel to other Kaiser Permanente Facilities
$73,540 - $100,660
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...