What’s your Resolution?
Resolution Dental is a new kind of dental office dedicated to providing our patients with not only the highest quality care, but also working with each patient in an open and approachable way. We are looking for the right type of person to join our growing dental practice.
The Hygienist is responsible for delivering direct dental care and associated services to patients under the general supervision of a dentist and for providing general support to the office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Deliver quality and compassionate care to every patient
- Deliver direct patient care to patients, including scaling and prophylaxis, x-rays, application of sealants and fluoride, and related procedures, under the general supervision of a dentist
- Educate patients in oral hygiene instruction
- Assess the dental condition and needs of patients and review patients’ medical history
- Responsible for adhering to all government regulations and company standards
- Take diagnostic x-rays and save into patient charts
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Guide patients through Resolution Dental’s entire treatment process
- Assist with dental and perio charting; when necessary
- Assist with other office duties as needed
- Assist with confirmation calls to patients for the next business day
- Place follow up calls to patients regarding their hygiene/perio treatment
Education, Training and/or Experience
Must have a current Hygienist license in the state where applying.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Mature and compassionate individual to provide a high level of service for our patients
- Integrity, always doing the right thing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- Professional manner and appearance at all times
- Team player
- Computer skills: computer literate
State specific dental hygienist license in good standing, current x-ray certifications for VA
Experience in the provision of dental care to children and adults
Nature of work requires an ability to effectively communicate and exchange information with patients, their parents, and staff. Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift/carry up to 30 pounds and be able to twist, turn, bend and stoop.
Majority of work performed in a clinical environment. Requires availability for extended hours during peak periods. Hours may change to meet the business needs.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of Resolution Dental. Since no job description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder’s responsibility.
Resolution Dental - 21 months ago