What's your Resolution?
Resolution Dental is a new kind of dental office dedicated to providing our patients with not only the highest quality care, but also working with each patient in an open and approachable way. We are looking for the right type of person to join our growing dental practice.
The Office Manager is responsible for the day-to-day functions of the dental office, as well as the management of all non-licensed staff members.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensure the office delivers quality and compassionate dental care to every patient
- Maintains adequate staffing levels by interviewing, screening and selecting applicants to meet patient schedule
- Responsible for employee satisfaction and retention through practices that promote communications, rewards/recognition, teamwork, and administration of effective employee relations practices
- Ensures training and development of staff by identifying training needs and establishing initiatives to meet company/individual objectives
- Responsible for the operational readiness, appearance and presentation of the office
- Drive local marketing efforts through participating in local community affairs and events.
- Responsible for holding staff to the highest integrity by adhering to all government regulations and company standards
- Order all office and clinical supplies through Resolution systems.
- Review claims after appointment is complete, make any necessary changes per payer guidelines, and generate the claims
- Review all claims at the end of the day to ensure every claim is either generated or on-hold
- Collect any cash payments or patient responsibility payments prior to treatment
- Ensure all cash/credit payments are properly posted to the patients’ accounts
- Ensure the cash drawer is reconciled daily
- Submit all secondary insurance claims.
- Receive all payer correspondences and enter all PA numbers in appropriate Claim Area for submission for payment
- Adhere to all Resolution Dental guidelines for billing processes.
Patient Coordinator Responsibilities
- Greet patients when they enter or leave the office
- Maintain a clean and tidy waiting area and front desk area
- Verify patient insurance eligibility prior to appointment and ensure information is correct in the patient’s Boomerang file
- Ensure service limits are recorded and communicated with the clinical team prior to treating the patient
- Ensure all patient files are ready (pull file, update patient record, verify insurance and service limits) before the patient’s appointment
- Schedule follow-up operatory and six month recall appointments for patients
- Answer incoming calls and direct the caller to the proper person, taking messages when necessary
- Ensure our patients are receiving the dental care they need by making outbound calls to confirm patients, to reschedule patients that do not make their appointment, and to call patients that have treatment that needs to be completed
- Ensure all patient records are re-filed at the end of the day
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed.
Education, Training and/or Experience
Minimum of 3 years management experience with or without a Degree, preferably in the Dental/Medical fields. Effectively managed a staff of 5 or more.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Compassion and high level of service for our patients, parents and staff
- Integrity, always doing the right thing
- Team building skills; organizational and staff development skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to read and interpret reports, write reports and business correspondence
- Able to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines
- High degree of initiative, accountability and independent judgment
- Professional manner and appearance at all times
Certifications, Licenses, registrations
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office programs.
- Management experience in healthcare, retail, restaurant or hospitality industry
- Experience with Commercial Insurance or Medicaid billing
- Experience training staff
- Experience with employee relations and performance management practices
Nature of work requires an ability to effectively communicate and exchange information with patients, their parents, and staff. Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift/carry up to 30 pounds and be able to twist, turn, bend and stoop.
Majority of work performed in a clinical environment. Requires availability for extended hours during peak periods. Hours may change to meet the business needs.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of Resolution Dental. Since no job description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder’s responsibility.
Resolution Dental - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard