UALR Functional Title
Resource Analyst / P98174
The Resource Analyst is primarily responsible for the management of the MidSOUTH procurement and administrative records and coordination of communication internal and external to MidSOUTH. This position works closely with all levels of MidSOUTH staff, and has regular contact with university staff, vendors, state agency personnel and the general public. The Resource Analyst is directly responsible to the Resources Manager.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs MidSOUTH procurement processes including but not limited to facility leases, equipment purchases and communications
- Coordinates the authorization and reimbursement of travel for all MidSOUTH staff and part time trainers statewide and guests of state.
- Coordinates the collection, maintenance (hard & electronic) and disposition/archival of records.
- Develops and maintains administrative guides and staff curriculum related to business practices.
- Train new and existing staff members regarding MidSOUTH standards and procedures
- Serves as the administrative liason with. the regional training centers and the division directors.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- The ability to travel in-state and overnight occasionally.
- The ability to work outside of normal working hours may be required to meet deadlines and to manage multiple tasks.
- Experience using Microsoft Office; Windows XP, email and data base management systems.
Required Education and/or Experience
A bachelor’s degree in public administration, general business, or a related field is required.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related field and four years of experience in performing functions similar to the duties of this position, experience working with grants and contracts, and experience working with a state agency is preferred.
Background Check Requirements
02 - Criminal/Sex
Kneeling: Daily, Lifting 25-50 lbs: Daily, Pushing/pulling 25-50 lbs: Daily, Speaking; Essential, Hearing: Essential, Vision: Ability to distinguish similar colors, depth perception, close vision: Essential, Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds: Occasionally, Kneeling: Occasionally, Crawling: Occasionally, Climbing (Stairs, Ladders, etc.): Occasionally, Climbing (Stairs, Ladders, etc.): Daily, Lifting 10-25 lbs: Occasionally, Carrying 10-25 lbs: Occasionally, Pushing/pulling 10-25 lbs: Occasionally, Sitting for long periods of time: Daily, Standing for long periods of time: Frequently, Walking - Long Distances; Daily
Spends approximately 75% or more time indoors, Conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin, such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation
Posting Detail Information
Background Check Statement
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal and sex offender registry background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UALR EEO Statement
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and actively seeks the candidacy of minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Under Arkansas law, all applications are subject to disclosure. Persons hired must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants