Serves as a member of a team that:
· Supports FMF.
· Assists the government with financial management operations and financial analysis.
· Assists the government in identifying, recommending, and implementing improvements to financial management and accounting business processes.
· Supports government representatives at meetings and briefings at all levels.
· Assists in the development of detailed financial statements and reporting.
· Provides support in preparing audit documentation artifacts and related activities.
· Make recommendations related to and update existing NGA PP&E valuation methodologies, where applicable, to account for changes in the NGA financial management system (GEO-F) and the NGA Cost Accumulation Framework (CAF) [NGA Instruction 7260.1].
· Update standardized PP&E templates and tools to provide consistency in application of review procedures, collection of sufficient supporting documentation and work papers.
· Identify and review agency contracts and transactions per reassertion methodologies to aid in documenting the existence and occurrence, completeness, rights and obligations, and valuation of PP&E.
· Reconcile physical inventory results with the contracts analysis and review.
· Research standard or unit prices for non-developmental items found with unknown values and apply associated values to the inventory results.
· Observe execution of documented physical inventory procedures to ensure consistent and complete execution across all NGA campuses, sites, and other facilities identified in the NGA Baseline Valuation and Inventory Plan.
· Prepare and maintain summaries of executed procedures observed at each inventory site and notify SI and FM of significant execution discrepancies or inconsistencies as inventory procedures are being executed.
· Support preparation of journal vouchers and associated supporting documentation to adjust GEO-F for new or updated PP&E values resulting from the reassertion effort including inventory results.
· Assign and document the appropriate accounting treatments to the NGA reassertion population.
· Provide controlled data management to ensure standardized handling, processing, and analysis; data organization; data control; and data quality.
· Support government personnel and participate in discussions and briefings with NGA auditors, management, and oversight associated with the PP&E reassertion and all contributing activities.
· Support preparation of agency PP&E accounting policies, business rules, and valuation methodologies to include those related to Internal Use Software (IUS).
· Support identification, development, implementation, and performance of robust risk, change, issues, and resources management methodologies and plans to maintain the PP&E re-assertion goals, objectives, and schedules.
Skills (Senior Level):
· TS/SCI Clearance required
· Customer-service and goal oriented.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Required ability to work independently and as a team member under tight deadlines with changing priorities.
· Required experience with DoD or other federal agency budgetary and accounting processes and execution.
· Desired ability to analyze and interpret complex budget and execution data.
· Desired understanding of DoD or other federal agency key budget execution processes including: funds control, fund transfers, travel orders, and credit card purchases.
· Required understanding of fund execution policies for principal DoD appropriations (e.g. O&M, RDT&E, and Procurement).
· Desired understanding of the role of the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) in controlling and executing funds for a service, major command, or defense agency.
· Desired experience in U.S. Intelligence Funding Programs.
· Desired knowledge of DoD and Intelligence Community programs and budgets
· Desired working knowledge of accounting rules and regulations, including application of FASAB issued SFFAS standards and DoD Financial Management Regulations (FMR) related to PP&E
· Desired working knowledge of the Intelligence Community Acquire to Retire, Procure to Pay, and Budget to Report business models and associated risks and control environments
· Desired inventory execution and observation experience
· Desired working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations and contract structures for reassertion efforts
· Desired strong skills in analysis and data reconciliation to support inventory results, conclusions, and reassertion valuations
· Desired working knowledge in preparing auditable documentation to support reassertion valuation efforts, inventory results, conclusions, and journal entries
· Desired knowledge in identifying and on Agency issued financial statements
· Desired knowledge of, and experience in, property management business processes and logistics
· Required Bachelor’s degree in a business field or equivalent experience
· Desired Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance business field
· Required minimum of six (6) years of specialized experience and eight (8) years of general experience
AOC Solutions - 19 months ago
Since 1996, the AOC mission - to aggressively solve the business and technological challenges of our clients – is the core of our...