Resource Room Paraprofessional
Location: Walnut Elementary
Reports To: Building Principal
Terms of Employment:
Part Time, up to 34 hours
Salary: PI or PII, $9.76 or $11.80
Nature and Scope of Job:
To implement on a daily basis all assistance toward maximizing student learning as deemed necessary and/or required to meet the personal and academic needs of special education students under direction of the supervising resource room teacher.
1. Assist in implementing teacher's plans for students in all academic/behavioral/personal areas as directed by supervising resource room teacher on a daily basis.
2. Facilitates in the supervision and classroom management of all students as directed and consistent with the supervising teacher's management plan.
3. Instructional assistants need to be in assigned areas.
4. Assists the supervising teacher in preparing the classroom, materials, and equipment for use in specific instructional programs on a daily basis.
5. Maintains confidentiality of all information concerning students, staff, parent/guardian in any public setting, classroom or area where students or uninvolved staff are involved.
6. Selects an appropriate place, time, and supervisor to discuss situations.
7. Uses positive verbal and non-verbal communication and interaction skills when working with students, district, personnel, and co-workers at all times.
8. Locates and organizes any instructional materials by copying, filing, lamination etc. as directed by supervising teacher.
9. Corrects assignments (with key) as directed by supervising teacher.
10. Intervenes with students, at the direction of the teacher or administrator, in crisis/emergency situations.
11. Seeks appropriate additional tasks when assigned work is completed.
12. Instructional assistant will cover in regular classrooms as assigned by supervising teacher.
13. Performs any other duties as assigned by resource room teacher and or administrator.
14. Participates in additional training to increase knowledge base.
EMPLOYEES ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALL DUTIES OF THIS JOB
Knowledge, Skills and Mental Ability:
Knowledge of the teaching and learning process
Knowledge of lesson implementation and presentation
Knowledge of classroom management techniques
Ability to communicate positively throughout the work day
Ability to follow and successfully complete both written and oral directions
Ability to think clearly and calculate accurately
Ability to work positively with people of various personality types
Possess sound emotional judgment
Education, License, Certification or Formal Training
High School Education or Equivalent
Equipment Which May Be Used:
Computer and Peripherals
Assistive Technology Equipment
Finger, hand, and arm strength necessary to write on paper, chalkboard, overhead, etc. throughout the work day.
Ability to work at a computer monitor.
Exposure to weather extremes
Exposure to loud noises
k12jobspot.com - 21 months ago