This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County.
12-hour shift: 6:00 pm – 6:30 am, working every other weekend.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Intra-Unit Posting ~ Position open to Current Sharp Memorial Hospital Respiratory Department only
- Associate of Science in Respiratory Care or equivalent from CoARC/ACCSC accredited school
- Current unencumbered CA Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
- Critical Care experience is a plus
- Ability to perform CPR
The RCP perform all aspects of Respiratory Therapy in a progressive, collaborative environment. Use advanced modes of Ventilation while performing Ventilator Management. Work in both Acute and Critical Care areas. Draw and analyze ABG's in all areas of the hospital. We operate under the shared governance model where important decisions are shared with and implemented through frontline staff
The role of the Sharp Memorial Respiratory department is to provide all aspects of respiratory care to the Sharp HealthCare patients. Our large respiratory department is comprised of Advanced RCPs, RCP, Clinical Leads, Clinical Specialist, and clerical staff. The therapists have the ability to work in the ER, ICU and several other hospital units.
Our department fosters a team environment where we practice a patient center approach. Your respiratory expertise is valued as part of the patient’s quality care. Initiative, critical thinking, time management and strong interpersonal skills are behavior standards that we value in our department.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull up to 100 pounds
- Carry up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to maneuver, with assistance, all portable equipment weighing more than 200 pounds
- Must be able to independently maneuver all portable equipment weighing less than 200 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Keywords, 55105 Respiratory Care Practitioner
- 15 months ago - save job
The docs and the scalpels are sharp at Sharp Memorial Hospital. The flagship facility of Sharp HealthCare, the not-for-profit hospital...