This position provides shift coordination and accountability through leadership, supervision, and technical and professional mentoring. Maintains continuity of care through accurate shift reports, appropriate distribution of staff resources, participation in performance assessment and improvements, and review of equipment and supply management. Participates in the delivery of comprehensive hospital based respiratory care services within a collaborative, multidisciplinary patient care team approach. This position maintains proficiency in neonatal, pediatric, and adult care techniques, as appropriate. QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES
- Requires current Indiana certification as a Respiratory Care Practitioner.
- Current CPR certification.
- Other advanced life support certifications may be required per unit/department specialty focus.
- Graduation from a CoARC accredited respiratory care program.
- A.S. degree in Respiratory Care or R.R.T.
- Requires that the N.B.R.C. registry exam be achieved within two years post-graduation.
- Knowledge of/experience in all phases of respiratory care involving adult, pediatric, and critical care (Adult, NICU).
- Participation in ongoing departmental education and in-service programs.
- Participation in cross training.
- Ability to apply complex technical knowledge in order to effectively utilize all types of respiratory care equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of cardiopulmonary anatomy and physiology as it applies to all modes of therapy.
- Ability to communicate directions and to assess needs for/ and to facilitate the learning of others.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member.
- Independent judgment and the ability to facilitate integration of evidence based information into practice.
Ball Memorial Hospital
- 2 years ago - save job