BLS- Basic Life Support
CRT- Certified Respiratory Therapist
RCP- Respiratory Care Practitioner
RRT- Registered Respiratory Therapist
POSITION SUMMARY :
This position is responsible for assisting in the delivery of personalized, professional and quality patient care, internal and external customer service, performance of all diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, emergency airway/respiratory management, documentation of the procedures performed and their effects, cleaning and performing user service on the equipment, preparation of all departmental paperwork, answering the department’s telephone, scheduling of patients, entering and retrieving patient information from the Hospital Information System (HIS) and maintaining the work area in a clean and organized manner.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES :
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS :
- Maintains effective communication with medical staff, administrative staff, nursing staff and other team members.
- Assists the organization in incorporating the guiding principles into its respiratory practice.
- Ascertains the delivery of patient care is provided in a personalized, professional and quality manner.
- Ascertains that Joint Commission, local, state and federal accrediting and licensing bodies’ requirements are met.
- Ascertains that the delivery of patient care is compliant with the accrediting and regulatory agencies.
- Assists in the Quality Assurance / Improvement Program of Respiratory Services.
- Performs quality control on equipment and notifies management immediately of any potential malfunction or hazard of equipment.
- Explains diagnostic or therapeutic procedure to the patient and / or family member in a thorough and professional manner.
- Performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to include electrocardiograms (EKG), respiratory treatments, oxygen therapy, ventilation initiation and management, etc.
- Retrieves patient information from the Picture Archiving Communication System (PACS) in a proficient manner.
- Enters and retrieves patient information from the Hospital Information System (HIS) in a proficient manner.
- Documents diagnostic and therapeutic procedures performed and their effects on the patient.
- Provides minimal nursing care to patient, ascertaining the patient is comfortable when providing a diagnostic or therapeutic procedure. Seeks additional nursing or physician assistance when necessary.
- Prepares and maintains department paperwork, verifying accuracy of information.
- Ascertains that the delivery of patient care and billing are compliant with the accrediting and regulatory agencies.
- Ascertains that patient charges are entered timely and correctly.
- Answers telephones in a courteous and professional manner within three (3) rings.
- Schedules patient examinations according to departmental procedures.
- Cleans equipment and maintains work area in an organized manner.
- Any other duty that may be assigned.
B. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Respiratory Care
- Associate of Applied Science Degree preferred
- Previous employment as a Respiratory Care Therapist preferred, but not necessary.
- Licensed by the Department of State Health Services as an RCP- Respiratory Care Practitioner
- CRT- Certified Respiratory Therapist credential obtained by the NBRC
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
- Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS) and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) required within 6 months of employment.
Seton Healthcare Family
- 2 years ago - save job