This position exists to be responsible and accountable for the delivery of comprehensive hospital based respiratory care services within a collaborative, multidisciplinary patient care team structure. This position maintains proficiency in neonatal, pediatric, and adult care techniques, as appropriate. QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES
- Requires current Indiana certification as a Respiratory Care Practitioner.
- Basic Life Support certification required within 1 month of hire or upon completion of departmental orientation.
- Other advanced life support certifications may be preferred per unit/department specialty focus.
- Requires graduation from a CoARC accredited respiratory care program.
- Requires A.S. degree in Respiratory Care or R.R.T.
- This position requires that the N.B.R.C. registry exam be achieved within two years post-graduation.
- Knowledge of/experience in all phases of respiratory care involving adult, pediatric, and critical care (Adult, NICU).
- Participation in ongoing departmental education and in-service programs.
- Participation in cross training.
- Ability to apply complex technical knowledge in order to effectively utilize all types of respiratory care equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of cardiopulmonary anatomy and physiology as it applies to all modes of therapy.
- Ability to communicate directions and to assess needs for/ and to facilitate the learning of others.
- Basic computer skills.
Ball Memorial Hospital - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard