Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC is hiring a Casual Respiratory Therapist-Tier I to help support the Infant Respiratory Therapy Department for its Oakland location. This position will typically work rotating shifts.Under supervision of physician and by prescription, provides respiratory therapy services and life support to patients with deficiencies and abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system. Defined responsibilities are performed in pediatric, adult and geriatric patient populations and in all patient service areas.
- Reads prescription, measures arterial blood gases, and reviews patient information to assess patient condition and determine requirements for treatment, such as type and duration of therapy, and medication dosages
- Determines most suitable method of administering inhalants, precautions to be observed, and modifications which may be needed that will be compatible with physician's orders
- Sets up and operates devices, such as mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration apparatus, environmental control systems, and aerosol generators
- Operates equipment to ensure specified parameters of treatment, such as volume, gas concentration, humidity, and temperature, and to administer medicinal gases and aerosol drugs to patients
- Monitors patient's physiological responses to therapy, such as vital signs, arterial blood gases, and blood chemistry changes
- Performs bronchopulmonary drainage and assists patient in performing breathing exercises
- Performs pulmonary function tests to be used by physician in diagnosis of case
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Graduate of a Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC) approved respiratory program, preferred
- 1 year of respiratory care experience, required
- Neonatal ICU experience, highly preferred
Associate¿s degree, preferred.
- RRT eligible
- CPR (within 30 days of hire date)
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer.
UPMC - 10 months ago
UPMC is a $10 billion global health enterprise with more than 55,000 employees headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pa., and is transforming health...