Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC) offers employment opportunities in a variety of settings, including our downtown Minneapolis hospital and clinics, and neighborhood clinics throughout the metro area. We are committed to creating a culturally competent and inclusive work and care environment for patients, families, and staff, and we encourage interested applicants with bilingual and bicultural skills to apply for positions at HCMC.
We are currently hiring for three casual Respiratory Therapy Assistant's to work in our Respiratory Care Department.
Please note: Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Minimum Education/Work Experience:
- Currently enrolled or a recent graduate of an American Medical Association
approved respiratory care program.
- Six months of approved experience in the care of patients appropriate to the
area of specialization. (Clinical rotation as part of respiratory care program is
- An approved, equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Assists members of the treatment team in specialized care of patients; may check orders.
- Performs treatments including bronchodilator therapy, hyperinflation therapy, sputum induction and suctioning in non-critical care areas.
- Performs bedside spirometry.
- Initiates or operates certain oxygen and aerosol delivery systems.
- Initiates non-invasive ventilator support like CPAP and BiPAP in non-critical care areas.
- Draws arterial blood gas samples.
- Observes and reports the development of signs and symptoms indicative of problems.
- Participates in certain phases of individual patient or family teaching.
- Follows patients for specific problems and evaluates progress being made as well as evaluates patient's follow-through of treatment plan.
- Records actions and observations on patient chart, prepares and maintains medical records.
- Cleans, sets up, and delivers equipment for use to patient care areas.
- Repairs and maintains equipment.
- Instructs new personnel in job duties and responsibilities.
- Performs related work as required, but only when trained to do so.
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin County Medical Center for your employment! HCMC offers a wealth of opportunities for our ever-changing population and is a place you'll feel challenged, rewarded, and appreciated. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for both current and future employees, who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. Thanks for choosing HCMC!
HCMC has the following Success Factors that apply to all our employees to ensure competency. They are: exhibits accountability, demonstrates ethics and trustworthiness, delivers customer service, embraces differences, uses resources wisely, communicates clearly, builds and strengthens relationships, champions change and seeks continuous growth. Employees must be able to demonstrate competency in these areas.
Please Note: external applicants selected for an interview with Hennepin County Medical Center must provide data for a Criminal Background Study. Offers of employment from Hennepin County Medical Center are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background studies.
Hennepin County Medical Center - 12 months ago