- Manage the efficient flow of business through The Whitebark Restaurant and Lounge by greeting guests, seating them in accordance with table rotations, taking reservations and assisting with bussing as needed
- Create a positive first impression of The Whitebark Restaurant and Lounge by greeting all guests as per Westin brand standards
- Create a positive first impression of The Whitebark Restaurant and Lounge by taking telephone restaurant reservations as per Westin brand standards
- Control the seating of guests in relation to prior reservations, server table rotations and maximum revenue opportunity
- Commence the dining experience as soon as possible by seating the guests, presenting them with menus, introducing them to their server and any other duties as necessary
- Help manage the efficient flow of business through the restaurant by using Micros Point of Sale system to record reservations, manage seating and prepare and process guest checks
- Communicate with Associates, management, clients, owners and others in a courteous and professional manner, and in accordance with Westin Brand Standards
- Positively and professionally respond to manager/floor supervisor requests to complete tasks assigned to company standards including but not limited to: opening and closing procedures, side work, bussing, cleaning with chemical products, preparing and closing checks, special events/banquets, other duties as required.
- Embrace and apply The Westin Culture and Core Values in all work activities and interactions by actively participating in trainings, learning opportunities and other related Associate programs
Associates of Intrawest are expected to demonstrate competencies in the following core areas:
Is honest and principled; develops self and inspires others; exhibits confidence and courage; is resilient and optimistic
- Demonstrates Personal Excellence:
Cooperates and collaborates; leverages outputs with others’ input; works with a team; is a clear communicator; aligns their actions with the company’s vision
- Builds and fosters relationships:
Is oriented to quality service; creates emotional connections that drive guest loyalty; delivers a premium guest experience
Understands the company values; displays awareness of competition in the market place; demonstrates Intrawest and Westin knowledge and commitment
- Develops successful strategies:
Prevents and solves problems; suggests and advocates process improvements; is systematic and rational
- Creates the new and different:
Follows work plans and priorities; multi-tasks; is personally accountable for actions
Education and Certifications
- High School Education or GED preferred
- Safe service of food certificate or willing and able to obtain
Experience and Skills
- 1 year host/greeter experience at a high paced, high-end restaurant/bar
- Experience with Micros Point of Sale system preferred
- Strong comfort with using computers
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Most work tasks are performed indoors- temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 5 hours in length at a time over an average shift of 8 hours
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- The associate is frequently required to climb or balance and taste or smell
- The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including but not limited to: non slip footwear, gloves
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, safety rules, work procedures, and instructions
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position- associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel
- Attendance at all scheduled meetings and training sessions is required
- All associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per standards
- This position is required to wear a uniform as stipulated by Resort standards
- Employment for this job is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate in this position- associate(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth is an Equal Opportunity Employer