Restaurant Manager (Kitchen Manager or FOH Mgr) - Food Service
If you are a hospitality professional with a passion for food and you are looking to take on a fun and rewarding new challenge, then C'Mon Down to the Outback! Under the
Bloomin Brands umbrella
, Outback Steakhouse is actively seeking solid Restaurant Managers (Kitchen Manager, FOH Manager, Service Manager, Culinary Manager, Assistant General Manager and General Manager background) to lead daily restaurant operations in either the FOH or BOH. From managing kitchen staff and inventory to ensuring that our Guest Experience is best in class, it's your leadership that will be the key to the continued success of Outback's well-known and popular brand. Our commitment to your continued professional development makes this a great opportunity for you to grow a career with us. If you want more out of your hospitality career, you've come to the right place. Apply now!
Restaurant Manager - (Food Service)
As a Hospitality Leader you will be responsible for the daily operations of your designated area of responsiblitiy, BOH (back of the house) or FOH (front of the house) functions and providing nothing but the finest food and experience for our customers. This will include leadership and hiring of all hourly Outbackers (dishwashers, line cooks, prep cooks, Assistant Kitchen Manager, servers, hosts, bartenders) as well as ensuring that all recipes, food preparations and presentations and dining room appearance meet Outback's specifications and standards.
Your specific duties as a Restaurant Manager will include:
- Directing and checking the progress of the prep staff and checking for food quality and consistency
- Assisting in the hiring and training of all employees
- Checking all kitchen equipment and setting it up for daily use
- Enforcing safety and sanitary practices, maintenance and regulatory compliance for the kitchen area
- Ensuring that operational basics and standards are adhered to with total commitment and passion: includes line checks, testing, training, recipe adherence, window management, cook times, etc.
- Ensuring that all menu items are made according to recipe and presented in Outback's Serious Food manner
- Supervising the set-up and food production areas within the kitchen to maximize productivity and minimize waste
- Managing staffing levels and shift assignments
- Setting excellent customer service and work examples
- Assisting with budgetary and other financial responsibilities
- Engaging in community and market-related opportunities at the restaurant
Restaurant Managers must be dependable, self-reliant and passionate about good food and exceptional customer service. It is vital that you combine strong organizational and prioritization skills with professional dedication and a team-oriented attitude.
Specific qualifications for the position include:
- Minimum 3 years of management experience (Sous Chef, Kitchen Manager, AGM, FOH Mgr, Food and Beverage Director preferred)
- Strong work history in food environment (Casual Dining preferred)
- Availability to work a flexible schedule
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Certification in food safety,
- Sanitation certificate,
- Basic computer proficiency
Managers with Outback Steakhouse are a part of an established and successful company with one of the most recognizable national brand names in casual dining. Our company culture is geared toward customer service, innovation and fun, and you will find plenty of support from all levels of the organization. We offer comprehensive training as well as plenty of opportunities for professional development and advancement toward roles of greater responsibility. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package, including benefits.
Here's some of what we offer:
- Medical and dental coverage
- Prescription card
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-disability
- Meal discount
- Adoption assistance
- Flexible spending
Build a great new career with our growing
Outback Steakhouse Inc. (OSI) operates over 1230 restaurants in 50 states and 21 different countries. The company revenues exceed $3...