If you would like to apply on-line for a position with Qdoba, please complete the form below. If you’d like to attach a resume, click the upload resume button below.
Restaurant Managers - Braintree
We’re proud to be considered a leader in the fast-casual restaurant category. With nearly 600 restaurant locations, we have a lot of exciting career opportunities to offer.
Our Restaurant Managers are accountable for all aspects of food quality, cleanliness, labor, costs, production, maintenance and service of the restaurant and outside events as applicable.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Make sure to review the qualifications before applying.
*Please note a thorough criminal and motor vehicle background check will be conducted upon offer of employment. EOE
- Bonus Plans
- Matching 401K Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Life and Optional Accident Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Section 125 Tax Savings Plan
- Referral Bonus
- Meal Benefits
- Quality of Life
- Casual, Fun Work Environment
- Product Quality
- Growth Opportunity
- Knowledge Series
Restaurant managers are eligible for period based and biannual bonus plans. All support office employees are eligible for annual bonus plans. The criteria for meeting bonus are shared, up front, with all eligible employees.
Matching 401K Plan
After 6 months of full-time employment, all employees that are 21 or older are eligible to participate in our 401(k) pre-tax retirement savings & investment program. Qdoba also offers an employer match, which vests over a 5-year period.
Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Insurance
Restaurant managers and Support Center team members are eligible to participate in our group medical, dental, vision and prescription drug plans after 30 days of full-time employment, with coverage effective the first of the following month. Restaurant team members are eligible to participate after 90 days of employment.
Paid Time Off
After 60 days of full time employment, restaurant managers begin accruing 13 paid time off (PTO) days/calendar year. After 30 days of full-time employment, support office employees begin accruing 13 PTO days/calendar year as well. Restaurant crew receive one weeks' vacation pay (pro-rated according to average hours worked) each year.
Life and Optional Accident Insurance
Qdoba provides Basic Life insurance for restaurant managers and support center team members after 30 days of full-time employment, with coverage effective the first of the following month. Enrollment in a medical plan is required to receive the basic term life insurance. This policy is equivalent to one times a team members’ base salary. Eligible team members are able to purchase supplemental life insurance for themselves. Team members also have the option to purchase Accident Insurance and are responsible for the full cost of coverage.
Short and Long-term Disability Insurance
Restaurant managers and support center team members have the option to purchase Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance and are responsible for the full cost of coverage. This benefit provides income protection in the event of a team member’s illness or disability
Section 125 Tax Savings Plan
Qdoba offers this plan to restaurant managers and support office employees as a means of paying for health insurance premiums with pre-tax dollars. In addition, this plan allows participants to enroll in health care and/or dependent care reimbursement accounts. These accounts provide the opportunity to pay for health (e.g. deductibles, co-pays, medication, etc.) and dependent care costs with pre-tax dollars.
Qdoba will pay current employees $600 for any restaurant manager or support office candidates who get personally referred to us!
Restaurant managers are provided one meal, free of charge, on their scheduled shifts. Support office employees and restaurant crew receive meals at half price during a regular workday. Soft drinks are always free!
Quality of Life
Our managers are expected to work a 50-hour week, period. That's 5 days a week, 10 hour days. Also, our restaurants are typically open from 10am until 10pm, which means no early mornings or late nights.
Casual, Fun Work Environment
At Qdoba, our managers typically wear jeans, shorts or khakis with company provided logo'ed polo or t-shirts. No polyester uniforms or ties required here-we want our managers to be comfortable. In addition, we expect our managers to set the tone for the rest of the crew, which involves being hands-on, interacting with crew and guests and simply having fun.
Our Managers in Training go through a highly structured, intensive four week training program, with an additional four weeks of "post-graduate" work. To effectively deliver training, our Training GM's and Kitchen Training Managers go through a stringent certification process to ensure that their knowledge and current restaurant operations set a premium standard for incoming trainees.
At Qdoba, we create our menu items fresh every day... we prepare our own chips, taco & tortilla salad shells, salsas & guacamole fresh every day. Our pinto & black beans are cooked from scratch throughout the day, our meats marinated & grilled in-house. Our menu variety, product standards & quality are a large part of what makes our managers proud to work at Qdoba.
With tons of new restaurant openings scheduled for 2006 and beyond, Qdoba is the place to be! Steady growth creates terrific career opportunities at all levels of the organization. We're looking for quality people who want to love their careers... what are you going to love at Qdoba?
Qdoba is proud to offer an annual series of
"personal knowledge" workshops offered to all employees in participating markets. The purpose of the knowledge series is to help employees break down the processes involved in making large purchases, supporting their health & wellness, managing finances and correctly using employee benefits.
·A minimum of 1-3 years of recent supervisory and/or management experience in a restaurant environment
·Strong communication skills, bilingual abilities a plus
·Growth-driven & career-oriented outlook
·Hands-on management style is essential
·Must enjoy building relationships and developing people
·Passion for great food
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Be able to perform all duties and responsibilities of a cook, line server, and cashier
- Coordinates activities of workers
- Controls the cost of purchased goods through sales and inventory driven qualities.
- Controls the cost of labor through sales driven qualities
- Manages the overall physical plant
- Responsible for all financial related controls and security
- Maintains quality standards
- Maintains sanitation and operational standards to corporate or municipal requirements
- Be able to address and resolve customer and employee complaints
- Manages financial aspect of restaurant to meet or exceed budgeted expectations
- Manages administrative procedures of the restaurant to meet or exceed corporate expectations
- Leads in the hiring, training, retaining, motivating and terminating all restaurant personnel
- Execute same duties and responsibilities when participating in outside events
- Manage all employees/managers within the restaurant on assigned shift
- High School degree or equivalent
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English, with the ability to communicate in Spanish helpful.
- Previous management or supervisory experience preferred
- Fundamental math and computer skills
- May be required to lift up to 50 lbs
- Some repetitive motion may be required
- Must reach, bend, stoop, lift, wipe and climb
- Required to operate/access equipment set at standard heights, while walking or standing during entire shift
- The job entails a minimum commitment of 50 hours a week-shifts of varying times and varying lengths
- Must be available/willing to work evenings and weekends- shifts begin as early as 6 a.m., & end as late as 12 a.m
- Fast-paced restaurant environment, sometimes stressful
- Must have access to adequate transportation and complete the administrative driving requirement
- Complete work required within a limited space and within limited space
- Employee will often work in a hot environment with heavy and sometimes heated equipment.
- Hazards include, but not limited to, slipping, tripping, burns, cuts, abrasions and falls.
- Must be accessible during operating hours and after operating hours on occasion
- Must meet the minimal criteria in background check
- Must successfully complete in-house management training program
We create our menu items to showcase the bold, fresh flavors of our high-quality ingredients in innovative ways that define our unique...