SHIFT – 11a – 7pm
To assist registered therapist in the specialized rehabilitation services that can be delegated and performed by non-registered personnel.
- Must be a certified nurse aide.
- Must have completed additional training by physical, occupational, and or speech therapy.
- Must be willing to work under direction and supervision of a registered therapist and nurse supervisor.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more.
- Must be able to walk alone, pivot from side to side and assist residents as described in the “responsibilities” section of this job description.
- Must have had training in universal precaution, blood borne pathogens and have taken or rejected in writing the Hepatitis B virus vaccinations.
- Work with physical, occupational and speech therapist when they are physically present in building.
- Do specific exercises as designated by registered therapist and document in the residents comprehensive care plan and medical record.
- Document all exercises performed in the appropriate form.
- Exercises performed must be in accordance with plan set by the registered therapist may include but are not limited to:
§ Range of motion both active and passive
§ Extremity strengthening exercises
§ Other specific tasks as assigned by therapist
- Must be willing to address all policies and procedures of nursing.
- Must report any significant change in condition to charge nurse.
Paramount Health Care Company - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard