The work coordinator position exists in retail stores where the long-term anticipated enrollment will continually exceed 15 participants. The intent of this position is to shift the daily oversight and management of participants away from retail members of management. In stores with a work coordinator, he/she reports to the retail general manager and works with case managers to direct participants and provide the best experience possible. When the work coordinator is not overseeing participants, he/she will assume the work typically conducted by participants by performing other duties in the store as needed.
- Associate of Arts or Science Degree with emphasis in psychology/social work or five years supervisory experience in related field.
- Three years supervisory experience in the human service area with minimum one year retail or production skills experience.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE OR SKILLS:
- Ability to read, write and speak English sufficiently to effectively communicate with supervisors, employees and customers.
- Proficient in various software applications including Windows XP, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and using the Internet.
- Ability to work independently and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and strategic thinking skills.
- Strong people management and coaching skills.
- Ability to recruit quality individuals.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Ability and desire to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to interact with a very diverse population in a human services setting.
- High level of initiative and self-motivation.
- Perseverance and commitment to getting the job done.
- Adaptive to change, flexibility within job.
- Ability to meet deadlines, i.e.: production, paperwork.
Bachelors of Arts or Science Degree with emphasis in psychology/social work or five years experience in related field.