At REI we value our customers; we work hard to earn our reputation for quality and integrity every day. Our commitment remains the same as when we started out in 1938: to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure. Our Retail Teams seek committed, service-oriented individuals who are passionate about educating and outfitting customers with the products we sell. Typical positions in our Retail Stores include sales and cashier specialists, retail management, merchandise stockers and ski/bike technicians. We offer flexible schedules and opportunities for professional growth and development. |
Join our Retail Team where you will find supportive leadership, a committed staff and an engaging work culture.
The role of the CASHIER SPECIALIST contributes to REI’s success by processing purchase transactions at registers, and selling memberships while ensuring a high customer engagement and satisfaction at the final point of contact in the REI retail store transaction. Specific responsibilities include:
• Processes customer purchases, membership and service transactions at registers, including collecting payment for goods, making change and distributing receipts
• Promotes and sells REI co-op memberships and other services and benefits including the REI Visa program
• Maintains a neat and well-stocked work area
• Retail sales and customer service experience
• Previous cashiering experience (preferred)
• 10-key skills (preferred)
• Effective communication skills
• Ability to adhere to company policies and procedures
• Sound judgment
• Availability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including evenings and weekends
At REI, we understand that benefits matter – we offer a competitive offering which includes:
- Comprehensive health and well-being programs
- A competitive bonus/ incentive program
- REI Retirement Plan
- Generous gear and merchandise discount
- Paid time off
- Professional growth and development opportunities
A work environment where RESPECT, INTEGRITY, and BALANCE are just a few of our fundamental values!
REI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
REI is a national outdoor retail cooperative, committed to inspiring, educating and outfitting for a lifetime of outdoor adventures. Founded...