At REI we value our customers; we work hard to earn our reputation for quality and integrity every day. Our commitment remains the same as when we started out in 1938: to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure. Our Retail Teams seek committed, service-oriented individuals who are passionate about educating and outfitting customers with the products we sell. Typical positions in our Retail Stores include sales and cashier specialists, retail management, merchandise stockers and ski/bike technicians. We offer flexible schedules and opportunities for professional growth and development. |
Join our Retail Team where you will find supportive leadership, a committed staff and an engaging work culture.
The role of CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST contributes to the success of REI by processing purchase transactions at registers, selling memberships and other REI services to customers, supporting our 100% satisfaction guarantee by processing customer returns, and completing other unique customer service functions. Specific responsibilities include:
• Supports customers by responding to product, membership and REI service questions, general inquiries and customer feedback
• Provide customers with product, membership and service information including the REI Visa Card program
• Processes purchase, membership, service and return transactions at the register in alignment with REI’s 100% satisfaction guarantee
• Collect payment for goods, make change and distribute receipts
• Identify, research, and resolve customer issues
• Supports Retail Store Pick-Up (RSPU) by assisting with the receipt of product from truck and processing customer pick-up.
• Performs unique transactions such as special orders, Outdoor School sign-ups, special ticket sales, and store mail-outs.
• Maintains customer and employee hold area by keeping the area organized and removing items that are beyond the hold dates.
• Processes damaged goods according to store policy. This may involve tagging, moving and/or re-pricing the item
• Informs customers of repair options and completes repair processing.
• Follows document retention and disposal guidelines
• Maintains and stocks work area
• Previous cashiering experience
• Previous customer service experience (preferred)
• 10-key skills (preferred)
• Effective communication skills
• Ability to adhere to company policies and procedures
• Availability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including evenings and weekends
At REI, we understand that benefits matter – we offer a competitive offering which includes:
- Comprehensive health and well-being programs
- A competitive bonus/ incentive program
- REI Retirement Plan
- Generous gear and merchandise discount
- Paid time off
- Professional growth and development opportunities
A work environment where RESPECT, INTEGRITY, and BALANCE are just a few of our fundamental values!
REI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
REI - 17 months ago
REI is a national outdoor retail cooperative, committed to inspiring, educating and outfitting for a lifetime of outdoor adventures. Founded...