PEOPLE REALLY, (REALLY) LOVE WORKING AT REI!
At REI we value our customers; we work hard to earn our reputation for quality and integrity every day. Our commitment remains the same as when we started out in 1938: to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure. Our Retail Teams seek committed, service-oriented individuals who are passionate about educating and outfitting customers with the products we sell. Typical positions in our Retail Stores include sales and cashier specialists, retail management, merchandise stockers and ski/bike technicians. We offer flexible schedules and opportunities for professional growth and development.
Join our Retail Team where you will find supportive leadership, a committed staff and an engaging work culture.
The MASTER TECHNICIAN (MT) has primary responsibility for operating the store’s service department so as to maintain high quality and safety standards and deliver exceptional service to customers in medium and large volume stores. The MT may oversee the rental department. Specific responsibilities include:
• Scheduling and monitoring the production of shop work to meet customer demand
• Working with management to build, train and certify a team of technicians to carry out shop service and rental department functions.
• Assisting immediate supervisor in evaluating staff needs including hiring, scheduling and evaluating staff performance
• Managing risk to REI by ensuring all shop employees are trained and certified to the level of work they perform and all work meets REI and vendor quality and safety specifications.
• Preserving complete and accurate shop records and maintaining record keeping systems
• Completing Post Accident inspections and reports as necessary
• Acting as liaison between customer, store, AHQ and vendor on resolving highest-level repair problems
• Resolving action sports equipment non-conformity and warranty issues
• Researching and reporting significant quality and safety issues to Assistant Store Manager and the Product Quality Research Analyst at AHQ. Advising of alternatives or solutions before proceeding with work.
• Ordering shop materials, tools, supplies, and parts
• Assembling and repairing action sports equipment to REI and/or vendor standards
• Maintaining equipment and ensuring a clean, secure and safe work environment
• Successful completion of Barnett Bicycle Institute/REI certification within 6 months of hire
• Qualified applicants should have at least 1 year bike and/or ski shop experience or equivalent; previous shop management experience is preferred.
• Proven problem-solving ability: effectively identifying, analyzing, following through and resolving issues and a proven ability to show attention to detail
• Interest in working in an environment committed to providing a superior sales and service experience while increasing sales through service.
• Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and develop others, and build a strong shop team.
• Effective communication skills-- clear, concise and positive.
• Ability to maintain open and positive relations with employees and customers
• Interest in developing own skills and knowledge
• Availability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including evenings and weekends
At REI, we understand that benefits matter – we offer a competitive offering which includes:
- Comprehensive health and well-being programs
- A competitive bonus/ incentive program
- REI Retirement Plan
- Generous gear and merchandise discount
- Paid time off
- Professional growth and development opportunities
A work environment where RESPECT, INTEGRITY, and BALANCE are just a few of our fundamental values!
REI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
REI - 16 months ago
REI is a national outdoor retail cooperative, committed to inspiring, educating and outfitting for a lifetime of outdoor adventures. Founded...