At REI we value our customers; we work hard to earn our reputation for quality and integrity every day. Our commitment remains the same as when we started out in 1938: to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure. Our Retail Teams seek committed, service-oriented individuals who are passionate about educating and outfitting customers with the products we sell. Typical positions in our Retail Stores include sales and cashier specialists, retail management, merchandise stockers and ski/bike technicians. We offer flexible schedules and opportunities for professional growth and development.
Join our Retail Team where you will find supportive leadership, a committed staff and an engaging work culture.
The role of SALES SPECIALIST contributes to the success of REI by maintaining a working knowledge of REI products and services and using this knowledge to sell products, services, and memberships to our customers. The position helps to maintain the store visual standards and assists in keeping the floor stocked with merchandise. Specific responsibilities include:
• Provides customer service to REI members and guests.
• Sells REI products, co-op memberships and services.
• Continually expands knowledge of REI products and services
• Helps to maintain visual standards and cleanliness within department
• Stocks product from truck/warehouse to sales floor
• Communicates and cooperates with other staff and management team
• Previous retail sales and customer services experience (preferred)
• Effective communication skills
• Meet availability requirements including some nights and weekends
• Knowledgeable of outdoor activities in assigned department.
• Completion of the REI Sales and Service Training and Membership Training prior to working on sales floor
• Availability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including evenings and weekends
At REI, we understand that benefits matter – we offer a competitive offering which includes:
- Comprehensive health and well-being programs
- A competitive bonus/ incentive program
- REI Retirement Plan
- Generous gear and merchandise discount
- Paid time off
- Professional growth and development opportunities
A work environment where RESPECT, INTEGRITY, and BALANCE are just a few of our fundamental values!
REI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
REI - 20 months ago
REI is a national outdoor retail cooperative, committed to inspiring, educating and outfitting for a lifetime of outdoor adventures. Founded...