At REI we value our customers; we work hard to earn our reputation for quality and integrity every day. Our commitment remains the same as when we started out in 1938: to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure. Our Retail Teams seek committed, service-oriented individuals who are passionate about educating and outfitting customers with the products we sell. Typical positions in our Retail Stores include sales and cashier specialists, retail management, merchandise stockers and ski/bike technicians. We offer flexible schedules and opportunities for professional growth and development. |
Join our Retail Team where you will find supportive leadership, a committed staff and an engaging work culture.
The role of the TECHNICAL SPECIALIST II has primary responsibility for the assembly and repair of bikes and snowsports equipment to REI and vendor standards and to deliver exceptional service to customers both in the shop and on the retail floor. This role may work in the rental department as well. Specific responsibilities include:
• Assembles and repairing actionsports equipment to REI and/or vendor standards
• Assesses customer needs, checking in and out shop and rental equipment based on REI standards
• Contributes to sales results by knowing REI products and services, accurately communicating product information and inventory response processes
• Reports significant quality and safety issues to the Master or Certified Technician.
• Assists with maintaining equipment and ensuring a clean, secure and safe work environment
• Support team’s achievement of key goals through individual contribution.
• Promotes the benefits of REI Membership
• Successful completion if certification to the level Tech II, Service Rep and any snow sports certifications required based on store assortment and customer need.
• Previous snow sports equipment and/or bike assembly experience or equivalent required; snowsports and bike equipment repair experience or equivalent preferred.
• Demonstrated problem-solving ability: effectively identifying, analyzing, following through and resolving issues and a proven ability to show attention to detail.
• Interest in working in a team environment committed to providing a superior sales and service experience while increasing sales through service.
• Proven ability to maintain open and positive relations with employees and customers.
• Interest in developing own skills and knowledge.
• Availability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including evenings and weekends
At REI, we understand that benefits matter – we offer a competitive offering which includes:
- Comprehensive health and well-being programs
- A competitive bonus/ incentive program
- REI Retirement Plan
- Generous gear and merchandise discount
- Paid time off
- Professional growth and development opportunities
A work environment where RESPECT, INTEGRITY, and BALANCE are just a few of our fundamental values!
REI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
REI - 15 months ago
REI is a national outdoor retail cooperative, committed to inspiring, educating and outfitting for a lifetime of outdoor adventures. Founded...