For more than 100 years, Gordon Food Service® has been honoring our promises to our customers and employees. As the largest family-owned foodservice distributor in North America, our family-owned company has a long history of pursing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
Gordon Food Service (GFS) Marketplace, the retail division of Gordon Food Service, first opened in 1979. Committed to serving the needs of our communities, GFS Marketplace is open to the public, and does not charge a membership fee. Now, with over 150 stores, we are rapidly growing throughout the Midwest and Florida. Our stores are the primary supplier for many small foodservice operators, including restaurants, churches, day care providers and other small businesses. We also assist our customers with their home and event-planning needs.
The continued growth of current and new markets allows for the addition of new talent to join our team. We’re seeking great people looking for professional and personal growth and a place to make a difference in people’s lives. If you are interested in joining an innovative, supportive, values-driven company, we invite you to consider a career with Gordon Food Service.
Are you looking for a new opportunity with a strong, stable and financially smart company? Do you want the opportunity for advancement in your career? If so, then Gordon Food Service is the place for you. For more than a century we have been honoring our promises to our customers and employees. As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family-owned company has a history of pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
GFS Marketplace – Assistant Manager
As an Assistant Manager, you will develop and drive sales by implementing a "customer is king" mentality as you manage all aspects of store operations. You'll also have the opportunity to take on a variety of management roles to provide different focus areas for your development, including:
Among many responsibilities, this position is involved in the following activities on a regular basis:
- Merchandising Assistant Manager - Focused on ensuring quality products and programs through merchandising techniques, systems, training and inventory management.
- Sales and Service Assistant Manager - Driving financial performance through outside/in-store sales while developing a strong service culture and providing hands-on leadership.
Key qualifications and requirements for this position include:
- Maximizing operating results
- Managing the maintenance and upkeep of the store
- Interviewing, hiring, training, and retaining top notch, talented staff
- Serving as a mentor, coach and role model for your team
- Driving professional and personal development through the phase training program
- Assisting the budget management, variance and analyses and productivity improvements
- Implementing the Cornerstone Values, Purpose and Philosophy of the organization
- Taking on other duties as needed
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. This position profile may be changes at the discretion of the incumbent's supervisor.
- HS diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of management experience in foodservice, restaurant, grocery or retail environment or equivalent
- Proficiency with spreadsheet, word processing, email and Internet software
- Excellent customer service, organizational, public speaking and written/verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving, leadership and multitasking abilities
- Talent for driving sales with a "Customer is King" focus
- Flexibility to work varying shifts
- Ability to provide support for alarms and emergencies
- Must maintain a valid state driver’s license and safe driving record per GFS policy
- Some meeting travel
- Ability to lift/move up to 50 lbs.
- Bachelor's degree (preferred)
What we offer our employees here at Gordon Food Service:
Well-defined career opportunities within our retail stores
Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and prescription insurance
Competitive compensation, including bonus opportunities
Generous matching 401k program
Tuition aid reimbursement
Team-oriented, fun working environment
For more information about Gordon Food Service, please visit www.gfs.com .
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
GFS Marketplace is a drug free workplace and drug tests all employees.
Gordon Food Service - 21 months ago
For more than 110 years, Gordon Food Service has been honoring our promises to our customers and our employees. As the largest family-owned...