City: Field Location
State/Province: Michigan [MI]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Retail Business Representative - MI
Job ID: 4862
Syngenta is one of the world’s leading companies with 28,000 employees in over 90 countries dedicated to one purpose: bringing plant potential to life. We contribute to addressing some of the planet’s most critical issues such as the rising demand for food from a growing population.
Working for Syngenta offers you the opportunity to play a part in addressing one of the most urgent challenges facing global agriculture today where we need to feed 200,000 more people every day.*
Come be part of our good growth plan: one planet, six commitments:
Make crops more efficient, rescue more farmland and help biodiversity flourish; empower smallholders, help people stay safe and look after each worker. * Our work matters.
There has never been a better time to join Syngenta!
By joining the commercial organization you will represent and be a strong contributing team member to achieve profitable growth and create an industry leading market position for Syngenta. You will deliver the Syngenta strategy with our valued customers by integrating, innovating and outperforming our competition. You will be a key interface with growers, channel partners and retailers by partnering to provide integrated crop solutions.
As a Retail Business Representative you will assist in delivering on our strategy through the following responsibilities:
Role purpose :
- To establish a unique and deepened business relationship with Siegers, Seedway, and Rupp with the goal of increasing Syngenta’s profitability and drive market-share growth through targeted account development.
- This role will work in coordination with local SR, ASRs, Vegetable Specialists and the Eastern Vegetable Business Manager.
- Demand Creation with dealers, dealer representatives, influencers, and growers in the assigned geography for total Syngenta Vegetable portfolio.
- Financial: Revenue $18+ M in assigned accounts.
- People: No of direct reports 0, No of indirect reports 0
- Geographic Scope: Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania.
- Regular contact with Owner/President, Supply Manager, Sales Representatives, Product Evaluators, and other key influencers with the Accounts – identification of needs, implementation of business plan, identifying growth opportunities, idea generation for co-marketing/joint ventures, and coordination with dealer sales reps and Vegetable Specialists across the area of distribution for the assigned accounts. Responsible for maximizing sales of Syngenta products
- Current year Marketing program communication/implementation
- Coordinating field/regional office contacts, call activity responsibilities
- Business and strategic planning, develop/implement overall business plan with the account’s management including a minimum of quarterly reviews
- Results analysis and real-time corrective actions
- Program fulfilment and sales reconciliation including BAA’s and Marketing Program.
- Field-level communication, local member account management, issues management
- Help develop and support “market analysis” plans Responsible for coordinating and influencing designated account sales activities; achieving established sales and financial targets with designated accounts
- Successfully complete assigned special projects
- Demand generation for Syngenta Vegetable Seed, Full Count, Seed Care, and Crop Protection products in assigned geography.
Transition accountabilities :
- Migrating the account to one business plan for all Syngenta products
- Developing relationship with all account personnel.
- Account settlement for Vegetable Seed and Full Count
- Ensuring Commercial Unit Leadership has opportunities to meet and build relationship with Key Account management.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Critical knowledge: :
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or related field or equivalent education and experience
Critical experience :
- Three plus years’ experience in sales, large account management, and clear examples of people leadership skills and marketing knowledge
- Proven leadership abilities
- Ability to field market product successfully
- Administrative and organizational skills
- Excellent computer/analytic skills in Windows including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Vegetable Market Experience
Critical leadership capabilities :
- Customer Focused
- Results Oriented
- Team Oriented
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Able to influence and develop business plans with the management of the Accounts and coordinate with Vegetable Business Specialists and Integrated Districts to implement the business plan
- Development of strategic business plans with analysis of Assigned Accounts
- Achievement of sales, revenue and financial targets with each Account
- Exhibited leadership of and management of Accounts
- Actively pursues coaching and training in account management skills
- Creates professional and successful working environment with accounts and Customer Marketing personnel in Commercial Unit(s)
- Takes timely and effective action to optimize sales opportunities or challenges
- Have understanding of internal Syngenta systems including ordering, shipments, and invoicing
- Successful and productive internal and external network
- Ability to coordinate and lead a Syngenta team without direct reporting responsibilities
- Demand creating working with account representatives and growers.
-All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- 20% of work performed in a standard / home office environment
- 80% of work performed in vehicle, at meetings and in field locations with employees, co-workers, customers and other associates
- Ability to work irregular hours, days, evenings and sometimes weekends
- Ability to travel by car and occasionally plane
- Participate and be recognized as leader in Ag industry and sales
- Proven track record of successfully completing projects
Openings available at various locations:
Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania
- Employee may, as part of his/her role and maybe through multifunctional teams, participates in the creation and design of innovative solutions. In this context, Employee may contribute to inventions, designs, other work product, including know-how, copyrights, software, innovations, solutions, and other intellectual assets.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Syngenta - 5 months ago
Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary of...