The position will provide translation and quality control services for all documentation ranging from general to more technical documents relating to store operations, (English/French as well as French / English). The role will also conduct terminological research and develop a lexicon resource library to ensure that the correct terminology is used and continuity is developed. The position will also be reporting to discrepancies or problems with the original material such as spelling, grammatical, or punctuation errors.
- Translates from English into French general, technical and urgent documents for the Store Operations team. Will leverage appropriate translation tools in order to accurately convey to the francophone audience the communication intended in the English documents. May translate small non-technical documents from French into English.
- Proofreads translated texts and very visible publications in order to catch writing mistakes, typos, formatting errors, etc. and ensure quality of the final version. Proofreading, correction and approval of various documents in layout version.
- Conducts terminological research and documents this research to ensure that correct terminology is used and to contribute to the growth of French language lexicon.
- Coordinates some translation projects, including assigning the translation of various parts of a project to other outsourced resources, ensuring consistency throughout the project, collecting the various parts and delivering the translation to the internal customer.
- May be asked to perform other linguistic services such as interpreting French voice mail messages for unilingual associates, recording French audio files, answering general language related questions from associates. Coordinate and assist with responding to requests received in French (questions and complaints, E-Commerce, E-Newsletters).
- Reports any discrepancies or problems with the original material that became apparent as a secondary result of the translation process, and therefore contributes to the quality of the source documents.
- Establish and follows guidelines set to ensure that consistency is maintained, over time, with regard to language and terminology used in documents translated.
- Keeps abreast of language's usage and evolution by regularly consulting the specialized literature from the translation industry and from area of specialization.
- Ensure translations adhere to corporate image as well as Quebec's language laws.
- Act as a liaison with the office québécois de la langue Francaise.
- Strong knowledge of québécois
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Conscientious and meticulous attention to detail.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision with a deep sense of urgency.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and Word.
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Retail, Business, or equivalent retail experience.
- Minimum 2-5 years of retail experience.