Thomasville seeks the best design talent to deliver an outstanding experience for our customers. In turn, we offer a chance to grow in a dynamic, creative, supportive environment.
You will be responsible for providing exceptional service to our customers by demonstrating product knowledge, excellent listening ability, being responsive to their needs and providing design solutions aligned with the customer’s preferences and budgetary limitations.
Essential Functions of Job
- Greet customers in a professional manner and establish rapport. Obtain appropriate customer contact information.
- Provide exceptional service to customers by demonstrating product knowledge, excellent listening ability, being responsive to their needs and providing design solutions aligned with the customer’s preferences and budgetary limitations.
- Meet established sales goals as a set forth by the Company. Read and approve your Design Consultant Compensation Plan.
- Schedule in-home calls and follow-up presentations in a timely manner.
- Keep customer apprised of order status while ensuring timely, efficient follow up to questions or concerns. Contact customer following delivery and obtain feedback. Advise Store Manager/District Manager of any problems.
- Work in concert with Store Manager in developing self-marketing programs that will result in sales success.
- Demonstrate proficiency in company finance plans to assist with customer purchases.
- Maintain accurate customer files and alert store manger of any issues/concerns regarding same.
- Maintain current knowledge of all products.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures regarding dress codes, in-home presentations, work schedules, etc.
- Ensure customer service requests are completed in a timely manner.
- Assist with reasonable store housekeeping duties as appropriate.
- Adhere to the rotation schedule as established by the Company.
- Utilize corporate system and technology to maximize efficiency and professional service.
- Assist with physical inventories upon request.
- Willingly perform any other duties as required.
Education and Qualifications
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
Education: Some college preferred. Completed college coursework in interior design, arts, graphics, etc. or related experience.
Experience: Proven success in sales/interior design. In-home design service and design presentation ability is preferable.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must have creative design ability, flair for color, knowledge of fashion furniture trends and styles
- Demonstrated ability in room design and color coordination.
- Demonstrated ability to design and create professional ¼” scale space plans.
- Must be able to work holidays, evenings and weekends.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and provide own transportation to and from customer’s homes.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Furniture Brands International is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, upgrades, training, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment. EOE/AAP/M/F/D/V
Heritage Home Group - 19 months ago